2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Jason Marquis? Please don't trade prospects for some run of the mill guy like Marquis.

This is from Ken Rosenthal.

QuotePhillies in search of starter

The Phillies' rotation appears to be stabilizing, but club officials still will be aggressive in their search for rotation help.

The team, which already has made an inquiry on Rockies right-hander Jason Marquis, plans to investigate every available option, recognizing that ace left-hander Cole Hamels is their only starter with electric stuff.

Financial flexibility might be less of an issue for the Phillies than it is for other clubs. While their payroll is a record $132 million, the Phils already have sold more than 3 million tickets. The club's entire nucleus is signed long-term, and the organization has prospects to spare for trades.

Excluding Peavy, who probably would not his waive his no-trade clause for the Phillies, Mariners left-hander Erik Bedard represents perhaps the most intriguing fit.

Bedard, unlike fellow M's lefty Jarrod Washburn, is a difference-maker. As a potential free agent, he would have every reason to be on his best behavior. But his prickly makeup could be an issue, particularly in Philadelphia.

BigEd76

Peavy wants to go to a National League team that has contended for several years and the Padres won't trade him to LA.  If he won't waive his NTC to come to the Phils or Mets, I'd question what he really wants...

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

I thought Bedard was pretty great when he was coming up for the Orioles.  Me still likey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

I'd be thrilled with Bedard assuming he stays healthy. He has 1 stuff when he's on but is a 2.

Rome

Blanton pitched his fat ass off tonight.  Shutout through 7 with 10 K's.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on May 26, 2009, 09:19:51 PM
Blanton pitched his fat ass off tonight.  Shutout through 7 with 10 K's.

Durbin's doing his best to make the game interesting.

Don Ho

Durbin sure helped preserve the first shutout of the year.

No way did I think the Marlins would get back in this down 5-0.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Don Ho on May 26, 2009, 09:57:21 PM
Durbin sure helped preserve the first shutout of the year.

No way did I think the Marlins would get back in this down 5-0.

wtf is going on.

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

SD_Eagle5

The Mets rain out I have tickets too was rescheduled to a day/night double header Sept. 13...also th opening day of football season. Torn.

Lidge closes it out. Nasty slider to get Helms.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 26, 2009, 10:05:03 PM
The Mets rain out I have tickets too was rescheduled to a day/night double header Sept. 13...also th opening day of football season. Torn.

That

That's more like it.  Hopefully something to build on. 

Don Ho

Damn, this pisses me off.  Lidge should have never been in there.  Well, Blanton looked awesome tonight.  Victorino made up for his boneheaded move last night as well.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 26, 2009, 10:05:03 PM

Watch the game at McFaggans.