2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

they don't have to give up anyone..

adam eaton is available.

but seriously speaking, pedro is still available and didn't look bad in the WBC.  its late enough in the season where he probably won't wear down.

if not go after peavy.. he likes the NL.. and while he seems to like it in SD he might like the chance of playing for the champs.
and for peavy just about no ones untouchable.

if not then bedard or penny.

penny probably wouldn't require lidge in a deal.  and any package deal would obviously depend on the team their trying to make a deal with.

The BIGSTUD

They aren't going to trade Lidge, and if they trade for a starter it will be prospects. They'll probably go after Bedard.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: LBIggle on May 24, 2009, 06:09:45 PM
they don't have to give up anyone..

adam eaton is available.

but seriously speaking, pedro is still available and didn't look bad in the WBC.  its late enough in the season where he probably won't wear down.

if not go after peavy.. he likes the NL.. and while he seems to like it in SD he might like the chance of playing for the champs.
and for peavy just about no ones untouchable.

if not then bedard or penny.

penny probably wouldn't require lidge in a deal.  and any package deal would obviously depend on the team their trying to make a deal with.

Pedro is available without a trade.

Peavy isn't coming to Philly - and certainly not for Lidge alone.

Bedard is too young and still has #1 potential, so Lidge wouldn't get him.

I don't see the Red Sox trading Penny - they have starting pitching issues with injuries to Matsusaka and Lester being inconsistent at best.

So, you're losing Lidge, and most likely Carrasco... though teams may make a play for Drabek.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: LBIggle on May 24, 2009, 04:18:18 PM
right, in other words get off the field.  he doesn't belong out there.

But you suggested that they DFA him. Have you been snorting coke?

He's not right, that's obvious. But suggesting getting rid of him is crazy talk.

PhillyPhreak54

Carlos Ruiz has been on fire. I love that dude.

Going back to Lidge after reading the other comments on him. Yes he is not right and yes it is fine to bitch about him because he needs to get right. But to suggest trading him is crazy. You let him fix his shtein and watch him dominate; you do not throw him on the trash heap.

And Pedro Martinez? Please.

Rome

It's Memorial Day Weekend.  Maybe all the shoobees on LBI have been keeping him up and the lack of sleep has made him delusional?

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

so they won 2/3 and had a good road trip. shut the farg up you whining bitches.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

peavy ain't happening.  he loves socal and wants to stay as close as possible.  he's got a fntc

i really don't know why the phils haven't reached out to pedro.  i said it a few pages back and there's virtually no risk in signing him.  give him a one year deal and if he pitches well, then that's awesome.  if he sucks it up, then the move has no long term effect. 

not sure boston would trade for lidge either....unless there's something going on with paplebon i'm not aware of. 

and for the record, i'm not in favor of trading lidge.  at least not unless some blockbuster deal came across the table like peavy or halliday or some crazy ish like that.  lidge needs to go on the dl, get better and then come back.  with romero coming back in a week or so, the pen should be deep enough to hold things down for a couple of weeks.  the big benefit to having lidge is that he helps keep madsen and romero fresh come sept/oct. 

MDS

its memorial day. the phillies arent pulling the plug on moyer or blanton for a guy (pedro) that quite possibly will perform about the same.

moyer i get the feeling will eventually even out and come back to what he did the last few years. blanton is an average pitcher who might be having a below average year. hell even back out later on, but for now, that would be the spot to look to replace.

corrasco isnt pitching all that well in aaa, so yea, youd like to see them make a move by the deadline.

and even with the way ruiz is playing, id be open to trading marson if it can bring in a top notch guy like peavy, who you then sign long term. with the way ruiz calls a game and the defense he offers, a solid bat is just a huge plus. marson is one of the best catching prospects in baseball if not the top one, so you would figure he could be worth something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Moyer pitched well tonight but was jobbed on the missed 3rd strike call on that shteinbag Helms. Next pitch gets cranked for a 3-run shot by a guy who hasn't hit one all year.

Again the offense disappears at home, except for Choke.

And what in the farg is Vic thinking running in the 9th? Goddamn.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen