2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 24, 2009, 04:22:57 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on May 24, 2009, 04:18:18 PM
right, in other words get off the field.  he doesn't belong out there.

Your attitude to a guy who won us a World Series, is awful. He can't have a slump?

you can have a slump when its not directly costing your team wins.  i'm not blaming it all on him.. the coaches also need to realize he's abysmal right now and do something about it. 

Sgt PSN

1st and 2nd, no outs.  yeah, this game is over.  phils easily should have swept this series. 

LBIggle

playing with fire right now.  yeah they should've definitely swept this series.

LBIggle

LBIggle

Rome

There's obviously something wrong with Lidge but the guy was dead perfect last year.  When he's right he's one of if not the best closer in the game.  You don't ship guys like that out just because they're in the middle of a rough patch.

And nice way to pull it out after the meltdown in the ninth.  Two of three from those douchebags is fantastic.  All in all a phenomenal road trip.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 24, 2009, 05:17:28 PM
There's obviously something wrong with Lidge but the guy was dead perfect last year. 

perfect in save opportunities?  yes.  but game by game, the guy had a lot of close calls last year so he was hardly automatic.  to his credit, he made the pitches when he had to so that's all that really counts, but i don't know how many times the guy came in and let the tying or go-ahead run get on base before he finally put the nail in the coffin. 

and kudos to them for pulling it out today and saving lidge.  should have been a sweep but 2-1 from the yanks ain't half bad. 

i thought happ pitched well yesterday too.  sucks he didn't get the win. 

Rome

SD_Eagle5

Bitching about Lidge when his ERA is close to 10.00 is justified this late into the season. I don't care if he's perfect for the rest of the season, but for the love of god put him on the dl and let him heal up and get his shtein together. He's bad bad right now, not just bad.

The BIGSTUD

Lidge was really good today. Just a lot of shtein luck. Gave up two hits that had no business being hits, then got out of the inning okay.

Manuel is going to continue to throw him out there and I'm good with it. He knows his players.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

His slider was all over the place but the location of his fastball was better. Against the same hitters he faced yesterday they lose.

LBIggle

sarge is dead right.. he had a few close calls that he was bailed out of.  the one i think of off the top of my head was victorinos strike from CF to home for the last out of the game i forget against who.  now obviously his stats were perfect but they don't always tell the whole story as everyone knows.  i'm not saying he's cooked or anything else.. i'm just saying he's not irreplacable.  if your going to DL him or bench him or whatever and have madson close and romero set up.. then why not package him up and ship him out for a starter.  they need one of those just as bad as they need batters to stop hitting over .300 against lidge.

SD_Eagle5

I'd be thrilled to ship him to a team for a starter, but there's only a handful of teams that would take on his contract. And virtually no one is going to give up a #2 for him right now.

Rome

Teams aren't going to give up a quality starter for a closer with health issues.  And the Phillies would be stupid to give up Lidge in any event.  If he's hurt put him on the 15 day DL.  Madson can close for a couple of weeks.  But don't just cut him loose because he's had a few bad outings. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: LBIggle on May 24, 2009, 05:44:29 PM
sarge is dead right.. he had a few close calls that he was bailed out of.  the one i think of off the top of my head was victorinos strike from CF to home for the last out of the game i forget against who.  now obviously his stats were perfect but they don't always tell the whole story as everyone knows.  i'm not saying he's cooked or anything else.. i'm just saying he's not irreplacable.  if your going to DL him or bench him or whatever and have madson close and romero set up.. then why not package him up and ship him out for a starter.  they need one of those just as bad as they need batters to stop hitting over .300 against lidge.

1.  What are the other parts of the package?
2.  What starter are you aiming for?