2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

i don't know if lidge is done or if he just needs time to get healthy, but like LBI said, not being able to throw your fastball for strikes is only going to lead to trouble and lidge's fastball today wasn't anywhere near the zone.....except the one a-roid hit out. 

The BIGSTUD

According to the post game press conferences it is going to be business as usual. They aren't putting Madson as closer and Lidge will continue to close games.

Hard to argue with a team that won the WS. They proved to be smarter than all. We'll see.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 23, 2009, 09:10:22 PM
i don't know if lidge is done or if he just needs time to get healthy, but like LBI said, not being able to throw your fastball for strikes is only going to lead to trouble and lidge's fastball today wasn't anywhere near the zone.....except the one a-roid hit out. 

He looks to me like his knee is really bothing him.  There just is no consistency in his follow through, which leads to an inconsistency in the placement of his pitches.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a few weeks off to get his knee scoped and some rest.  Should have probably been done in March or April, IMO.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on May 23, 2009, 03:45:43 PM
Why wouldn't they just leave Ibanez in LF and bat third, Werth DH bat 5th, and Mayberry in RF batting 8th?

Whatevs.

Did you really type "whatevs"?

Come on, Munson.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: LBIggle on May 23, 2009, 06:44:46 PM
lidge=trade bait for another starter.

madson should now be the closer and romero the setup man when he comes back.

saw that coming a mile away.  when u can't throw a fastball for a strike you got problems.

So you believe Lidge is done? Why would that net them a legit starter then?

[Munson]Whatevs[/Munson] your reasoning, to suggest trading Lidge is crazy.

Munson

Ahaha unfortunately people I know got in the habit of saying whatevs, and it's rubbed off on me. You care.

What a zesty end to the game. Please put Lidge on the 15 day DL and let him get his knee healthy.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

That's some 13yr old walking around the mall while texting talk, my friend.

QB Eagles

Yanks over Phils (in pathetic fashion).
Mets over Sox.
Lakers over Nuggets.
Pens over Canes.

Bad sports watching day for me.

LBIggle

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2009, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: LBIggle on May 23, 2009, 06:44:46 PM
lidge=trade bait for another starter.

madson should now be the closer and romero the setup man when he comes back.

saw that coming a mile away.  when u can't throw a fastball for a strike you got problems.

So you believe Lidge is done? Why would that net them a legit starter then?

[Munson]Whatevs[/Munson] your reasoning, to suggest trading Lidge is crazy.

he should be done here..  can he bounce back?  yeah, its probably just the knee messing with his mechanics.  but when you have madson and romeros coming back.. and starting pitching and closing are your two bigest weaknesses lidge becomes expendable with the way he's playing.  with lidge gone, its addition by subtraction and while trading him by himself obviously wouldn't net you a starter, its not a bad piece to put in a package.  granted he was good last year, but he wasn't perfect.. you can agree he had some luck on his side.  he was great in the playoffs, but again i think madson was better anyway.  i think madsons ready to slide in and its time to trade lidge while you can still get something for him.

PhillyPhreak54

So after an amazing year last year where its obvious that something just isn't right, you wanna dump him? He should be done here?

How about DL'ing him if something is physically wrong with him or letting him work out his mechanical problems? You don't dump stud closers.

LBIggle

i don't want to dump him for nothing... but when getting rid of him can upgrade two needs you should pull the trigger.  realistically the knee is going to bother him all year whether he's DL'd or not.  he had a phenominal year last year that wont soon be forgotten but him duplicating that isn't likely.  madson should be ready to slide in.. DL lidge and let madson do his thing and find a trade for lidge.  don't dump him for nothing (which they wont anyway).. but having a bad stretch isn't going to diminish his trade value all that much.

Geowhizzer

Teixeira just hit a home run on a pitch that shattered his bat.  :-D

BigEd76

LBIggle