2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yankees announcers saying how CBP has helped Howard amass more HRs than A-Rod in their first 611 games is funny considering the farging launching pad that the new Yankee Stadium is.

Great outing by Myers tonight.

Ibanez is out of his farging mind.

PhillyPhreak54

Mayberry called up; Escalona sent down to LV.

I wish they would have gotten rid of that bum Taschner.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 22, 2009, 11:50:44 PM
Yankees announcers saying how CBP has helped Howard amass more HRs than A-Rod in their first 611 games is funny considering the farging launching pad that the new Yankee Stadium is.

it's not that funny considering that a-rod has only played a handful of games in the new stadium.  but it's hilarious considering that a-rod did get busted for using a banned ped. 

PhillyPhreak54

I know that,  but they were saying how much of a bandbox CBP is as balls are flying outta NYS like its LaGuardia.

SD_Eagle5

That place makes CBP look like a pitchers park. Half the homers hit lastnight would have stopped at the warning track.

Eagles_Legendz

I actually thought most of the homers last night were legit.  Ruiz HR probably would have been an out at another park, and I didn't see Jeter's, but the rest were hit pretty damn far.  Ibanez/Werth/Arod's were long gone.  Rollins' was about 10 rows deep so I'm pretty sure that would have been gone too.

BigEd76

Jeter's went into the bullpen.  Ruiz's one is questionable because it was up and in on his hands and it landed in the first row.

Rome

Ibanez's dinger would have gone out of any stadium in the Majors.   He hit it over the bullpen in right-center about 15 rows up.

Crushed.

BigEd76

Rome

Is that Todd peeking around the hot girl's ass to see the game?

BigEd76

hmm

Werth is in LF and will be batting 3rd
Ibanez is the DH and hitting 5th
Mayberry gets the start in RF and will be batting 8th

Munson

Why wouldn't they just leave Ibanez in LF and bat third, Werth DH bat 5th, and Mayberry in RF batting 8th?

Whatevs.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

lidge=trade bait for another starter.

madson should now be the closer and romero the setup man when he comes back.

saw that coming a mile away.  when u can't throw a fastball for a strike you got problems.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.