2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Also, the Phillies are the defending World Series champions, and the Mets are a bunch of choking ass pirates.

PhillyPhreak54

Bums.

The bats were sleepy tonight. Once again Moyer loses...pull the plug.

Rome

Moyer pitched well enough to win.  Four farging hits against the Reds is awful.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on May 20, 2009, 10:12:23 PM
Moyer pitched well enough to win.  Four farging hits against the Reds is awful.

Moyer wasn't great, but much better than his past few starts.  Werth should have caught the one hit that knocked in a run. 

Bats were terrible.  Other than Ibanez' one AB.  Especially Werth.  He just looked horrendous.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 20, 2009, 10:05:26 PM
Bums.

You sound like one of the parents that beats the shtein out of their kid when they make an out in Little League.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Bums.

I took an infinite moratorium - well, more like a promise - on ever calling them the bums again. Once they actually won the WS that phrase went out the window. I'm sure in 5-10 years I'll forget all about it but for now they lose the tag. Not to mention they're still in 1st place. The city has many other worthy candidates as it is (in order)
Flyers
Sixers
Eagles

And Moyer was fine lastnight, I'd take that start 4 out of 5 games and be happy with him.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 20, 2009, 10:33:27 PM
Bums.

You sound like one of the parents that beats the shtein out of their kid when they make an out in Little League.

I think you used that one before, Todd. New material.

Seabiscuit36

I want to take Todd out behind the middle school and get him pregnant
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

why dont we just have a circle jerk to pictures of ed snider and the flyers' 2010 budget proposal?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

I want to take Todd out behind the middle school and get him pregnant
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Good win today...Blanton was cruising until the 5th. First pitch strikes, working ahead and all that good stuff. Brandon Phillips pimped his shot...and I thought when Howard hit his he turned out to talk a little shtein...but they said he did it because he thought he hit Hanigan.

I like the Escalona dude...he's already better than Taschner.

I hope they DFA Taschner and call up Mayberry so he can DH this weekend.

Eagles_Legendz

Mayberry is hitting .280 in AAA with serious power and is pounding lefties.  Why isn't he on the team as the RH bat off the bench?

BigEd76

Tomorrow's FOX game is pretty much national except Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana

Sgt PSN

saw a commercial for it last night......very nice.  i'll be watching on my back patio by the pool.