2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

The Mets have no shot to win the division assuming the Phils starting pitching doesn't pitch with a 432.79 ERA for the rest of the season. Their offense isn't good enough to carry them with their poor starting pitching. Their bullpen is playing well, but it won't hold up the entire season. Plus K Rod chokes majorly in big games. Just like he did last year when he choked away that game to the Red Sox.

Assuming the Phils at least get their pitching to a respectable level, their offense is great, Romero will be back in the pen in about 25 games, and they have proven they will turn it on down the stretch when needed most. Plus and most importantly, they are a better team than the Mets on pretty much all levels. Including manager.

I got the Mets finishing 3rd behind the Phils and Marlins.

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

To summarize:

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 16, 2009, 01:25:34 AM
im not calling it for sure.......phils could win the wild card but mets are winnign the division

Feva

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 15, 2009, 04:01:51 PM

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 15, 2009, 04:13:50 PM

I gotta say... that's pretty fargin' cool.   :yay

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 16, 2009, 01:15:30 AM
So you're calling it on May 16th...NL East goes to the Mets?

That team is gonna wilt again. I thought I read that JJ Putz has a bone spur in his elbow...will it hold up? He hasn't exactly been lights out in the 8th. Will Parnell keep it up? Will they have any arms left after Gangsta Jerry runs their asses into the ground? That manager is terrible.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Geowhizzer

MDS

when igy pulls the its over, rival wins act, you know the season has really begun
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

SD_Eagle5

May is the new April

Lidge will get his shtein together, if he doesn't Madson can close.

BigEd76

After that 2-run single last night, Ibanez crushed 2 HRs already, including the 2nd deck in right-center.  wow

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

pedro martinez is still out there and had a very solid showing in the wbc.  have the phils even attempted to reach out to him?  he's certainly not what he used to be but he's undoubtedly better than park/happ/kendrick or anyone else the phils choose to run out there as the 5th starter. 

BigEd76

Lidge gets through a save situation without allowing a run, but Madson got hit around and gave up 3.  Andrew Carpenter starts tonight...

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

The Aloha Spirit.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds