2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 10, 2009, 01:47:42 AM
WIN EVERY GAME OR EASY GETS ANGRY FROM HIS SUBURBAN CASTLE

there are definitely numerous fist silhouettes in easys basement walls and they arent from losing in championship games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Lidge gives up another non-save run...

But after Torchner, Charlie's favorite new bullpen toy, gives it up in the 7th.

Need another comeback. Jackasses.

Any day Rollins wants to get hitting, we're waiting.

Rome

SD_Eagle5

They should consider sending Rollins down to the minors to straighten his swing out, he's brutal right now.

Taschner sucks, I can't wait till Romero gets back. They should try Happ as their lefty out of the pen.

Sgt PSN

rollins, victorino, utley combined 0-13.  thats hawt.

2 for 9 w/risp

ish happens.  i can deal with that from time to time.  what really pisses me off is first pitch swinging, especially when you're down 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th and facing a pitcher you haven't seen all game.  it never ever ever ceases to amaze me when professional ball players will step in the box against a reliever/closer just brought into the game and swing at the first pitch. 

everyone slumps.  i can tolerate that.  but i just can't stand it when players literally give away at bats with first pitch swinging. 

Rome

Lidge looks absolutely awful right now.  It's incredible how the pitching staff has done a 180 since last year.  It really does look like a lost season right now.  There's still time but they need to get it together because sooner or later the Mets or the Braves are going to get shtein hot and leave them in the dust.

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on May 10, 2009, 07:00:47 PM
Lidge looks absolutely awful right now. 

Lidge is terrible in non-save situations. Even last year when he was ridiculous he still sucked when he wasn't closing a game out.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

Feva

Come on over here IGY... they ALL float!  When you come over here, you'll float too!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

good article on Raaaaaaauuuuullllll on SI.com http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/joe_lemire/05/11/raul.ibanez/index.html

but this lil tidbit illustrates how bad the pitching has been:

QuoteAdd in the star-studded infield and the Phillies have scored the league's third-most runs -- welcome offense, considering Philadelphia is the only team in the majors not to win a game while scoring fewer than five runs.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

theyve also lost games:

4-2
1-0
4-1
3-1
4-0
4-1

as bad as the pitching has been....the offense is as usual maddeningly inconsistent

getting shut out twice by division rivals in the first 30 games is awful