2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Howard with the granny to make it 6-1.

I still think he's going to kill someone one day.  Who else hits the ball as hard?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 04, 2009, 09:27:34 PM

I still think he's going to kill someone one day.  Who else hits the ball as hard?

A few names off the top of my head, Adam Dunn, Manny Ramirez, Ryan Braun, munson

Eaglez

Blanton is dealing and pitching out of jams tonight against a good lineup.  Hopefully this builds some confidence for him so he can have more consistent outings. 

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Forget where I heard it from, but there was a hitch in his delivery. Dubee spotted it and worked with him this past week to correct it.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Wheels is the biggest dumbfarg in the world: "I think he tripped on something". No he didn't retard, he was running full speed ahead while concentrating on catching the ball and didn't realize the wall was so close.

Eaglez

Yeah that was a pretty vicious collision.  I did not like the way his neck was contorted to the side and how his legs just went limp.  That was not a pretty sight.  Hopefully he is OK. 

Munson

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 04, 2009, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 04, 2009, 09:27:34 PM

A few names off the top of my head, Adam Dunn, Manny Ramirez, Ryan Braun, munson

I couldn't hit for shtein....I was always more of a defensive substitute/pinch runner.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Ankiel was a hell of a collision.  Looked like he was able to move his arms.  Hopefully nothing more than getting his bell rung a bit.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Munson on May 04, 2009, 11:17:22 PM
I couldn't hit for shtein....I was always more of a defensive substitute/pinch runner.

This is not surprising.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous