2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

New York Times Article about how the Phillies can come back in games and the Mets can't

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/01/sports/baseball/01phillies.html?_r=1&hpw

my favorite part:

QuoteOne statistical measure of clutch hitting is how players do in close and late situations, which is defined as at-bats in the seventh inning or later when the score is tied, one team is ahead by a run or the tying run is on base, at the plate or on deck. Utley (.714, 2 homers), Ibanez (.583, 3 homers) and Matt Stairs (.500, 1 homer) currently have three of the top six averages in the N.L. in those situations. The Mets do not have anyone in the top 25.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

Well with the Korean Misguided Missle on the mound they'll once again be playing from behind.

This yobo sucks.  Sucks like kim chee.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

farg Ho Chi Minh.

Way to come out playing ball tonight, slackers. I shouldn't even be shocked that they are ONCE AGAIN in a big icehole.

Don Ho

He is so farging bad.  It could easily be 10-0. 

Nice stop by Coste.  Ball just took a zesty bounce as it got to the plate.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Don Ho

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

The pitching is brutal.

Greg Dobbs has no brain.

lol Phillies, gag.

ice grillin you

i havent read the papers yet today but if happ hasnt already been announced into the rotation he better be by the end of the weekend...what a blowhard loser park is

oooooooh i skipped the world baseball classic just because im so determined to start this year

waaaaaaah i didnt come here to be a reliever

shut up fargface and enjoy your long relief mop up role in the pen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Park has been atrocious as a starter.  I don't think anyone other than him and Amaro expected different, but hey, it's still early, right? 

Right??

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I can't say I expected it one way or another, but I know the dude earned the spot in the spring.

But if you earn it and come out and shtein the bed, you gotta have it taken away.

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 02, 2009, 10:39:25 AM
I can't say I expected it one way or another, but I know the dude earned the spot in the spring.

But if you earn it and come out and shtein the bed, you gotta have it taken away.

Half the time he pitched against opposing teams' scrubs and when he wasn't he was pitching against teams that were depleted by the WBC.  He's got an entire career's worth of suckage that pointed to exactly this sort of thing happening, Jay.