2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont even know what to say about him...hes the leadoff hitter version of choke this year...hopefully he turns it around next month...i mean it is still only april...but youre right when he doesnt have that compact swing where hes powering his hips thru then hes done...all poke grounders to ss or yoke pop ups
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2009, 02:20:42 AM
actually last year he had a lot of close calls

this.  last year, lidge was perfect on paper but far from perfect on the field.  there were quite a few games where he came in with a 2 or 3 run lead and gave up a dinger or a couple of hits before settling down and getting the final out.  i really thought all of those close calls last year were going to bite him in the ass come playoff/world series time because he nearly blew a couple in the postseason as well.  

he was money when absolutely need be though and that's really all that matters.  

Geowhizzer

Lidge has been off on location this season so far.  Can't say I didn't expect it - last year was so miraculousy good, he was due for a come-down of some sort.

I'd expect him to be around a 3.00 ERA when the season is over.

PhillyGirl

oh yeah, Lidge made you bite your nails 2 out of every 3 closes.

Even in the save that won the WS.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Beermonkey.  Disney On Ice.

You idiots totally missed it.  Idiots.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 26, 2009, 09:06:51 AM
oh yeah, Lidge made you bite your nails 2 out of every 3 closes.

Especially in the save that won the WS.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2009, 10:11:51 AM
Beermonkey.  Disney On Ice.

You idiots totally missed it.  Idiots.

Everyone knows how BM rolls....going down to DoI to scope the MILFs floating throughout the Wach Lot.  :-D

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

i owe an apology to jamie moyer...dook has come out again this year and is doing the same thing he did last year...guy is amazing...especially in miami
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm not going to jinx it, but the Phillies have yet to ...  today.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76