2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Rome

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

MDS

The Kalas family and the Phillies have announced that a memorial tribute for Harry Kalas will be held at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, April 18.

An opportunity to pay respects to the Hall of Fame broadcaster will be given on a first come, first served basis to as many fans as possible from 8:00 a.m. until 12:45 p.m.  At that time, all fans in attendance will be directed to seats for an on-field tribute that will begin at 1:00 p.m.

Additional information will be made public as details are finalized.

Funeral services and burial will be private and held early next week.

Uniform Patches
Beginning tomorrow, players will wear HK uniform patches for the rest of the season.  The black circular HK patch will be located on the front of the jersey in the area of the heart.

Friday Night
The Phillies return home on Friday night to play San Diego at 7:05.  The Phillies will also pay tribute to Harry prior to the game.  Fans are urged to arrive early.   More details will be forthcoming.

what are the odds the eagles would do anything remotely close to this when merrell dies? im guessing a quick word before the first game after he dies (preseason counts) and maybe a plaque at the linc headhouse.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

"like i said" and "no questions asked" are his crutches during interviews...he goes to them no less than 3 times each per interview, along with "ya know"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

there is a pretty decent piece on Charlie running on the current episode of Real Sports.

of course, it's followed by a piece about these fagggggggggggggots who are trying to eliminate dodgeball and other competitive sports from gym because we don't want to hurt kids' self esteem
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.