2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2009, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 03:54:38 PM
Wheels with his usual gold commentary, saying it's a pitchers day because it's only in the 40's...then using the cold excuse to defend Park's 1st inning.

ugh i can hear him saying that and im fuming even thinking about it

"Holding the ball today must be like holding a ball bearing, what's it like in the 40's today Harry?"

MDS

despite having a living drooling legend the phils are awful announcers on tv. harry is face deep in the washed up category, wheels is one of the worst announcers in the history of sports, t mac is a mets fan and sarge is only good for comic relief, hes never said anything remotely valuable.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 12, 2009, 03:59:03 PM
Phreak, take a pill.

Anyone freaking about Hamels needs tp remember that he missed a chunk of ST. Let him get his groove back in a few more innings.

I'm a little worried about that elbow.  Hopefully I'm worried about nothing, but I just see some signs that he'll be having trouble with that on and off all year.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 12, 2009, 04:04:46 PM
Personally, I think that either Park or Happ are keeping the spot warm for Carrasco.  I can see him being slotted in the rotation come June or July.

As much as I wanted Carrasco to win the job spring training showed he's still a year or two away. He needs seasoning.

ice grillin you

i dont think carrasco is ready...one more year in the valley

park to happ this summer happ to carrasco next spring
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2009, 04:05:43 PM
despite having a living drooling legend the phils are awful announcers on tv. harry is face deep in the washed up category, wheels is one of the worst announcers in the history of sports, t mac is a mets fan and sarge is only good for comic relief, hes never said anything remotely valuable.

Leave Harry alone you jew bastich

PhillyPhreak54

Is Charlie going to let that Korean abortion take the hill again? Hopefully he only let him bat to avoid using a PH.

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2009, 04:05:43 PM

Leave Harry alone you jew bastich

i love the guy, we all grew up on him, but hes beyond done. the only good call he had all playoffs was for the nl east crown (that was vintage harry and it only comes out every so often). id keep him around announcing 9th innings of home games and key road games as a novelty act and give the keys to franzke.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 04:06:49 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 12, 2009, 04:04:46 PM
Personally, I think that either Park or Happ are keeping the spot warm for Carrasco.  I can see him being slotted in the rotation come June or July.

As much as I wanted Carrasco to win the job spring training showed he's still a year or two away. He needs seasoning.

He's young (22), but he's been in the minor league sysem since 2004 and has logged nearly 600 innings (587 according to thebaseballcube.com).  I think you'll see him this year at some point.  Next year for good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 04:10:54 PM

lol +  :puke x infinity

franzke and la are so good together...they need to do 9 innings of tv and put wheelolols on radio with sarge

rip harry

MDS

im pretty sure sarge gets paid 6 figures to announce 3 innings of baseball on tv and thats it. luckiest man in the world?

ice grillin you

he was in the rockies booth the other night...like not guest announcing but just chillin in their booth doing nothing....and i was thinking the same thing...its the middle of the game and he just moseying around the stadium

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2009, 04:15:47 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 04:10:54 PM

lol +  :puke x infinity

franzke and la are so good together...they need to do 9 innings of tv and put wheelolols on radio with sarge

rip harry

Wheels just needs to be put out of our misery.

Harry is lead announcer until he drops dead.  Which may be soon.

I love LA as an announcer.  He has some good anecdotes, and has also become a pretty good color analyst.  I don't  know enough about Franzke to give an informed opinion. 

Sarge sounds like Mushmouth on Fat Albert.  I can't make out half of what he's saying.

Anyone else hear Scott Graham on the MLB on XM morning show?  He's doing a show with Buck Martinez.  I know he 's been labeled as "Harry lite," but I thought he was a pretty decent radio guy, if he perhaps sounds a little like a game show announcer doing it.