2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Ho Chi Minh got lit.

Down 4-0...the only good news is that its early and Aaron Cook can get smoked.

Howard just laced a double.

ice grillin you

man their pitching makes you want to toss your head thru a wall

all spring park is talking about how dedicate dhe is and he skipped the world baseball classic to concentrate on starting for the phils...and you always had that sense that he would bitch and whine if he was sent to the pen...so what does he do in his first start...farging four piece in the first inning

look at the wheels on choke...shedding that spare tire has done wonders
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2009, 03:48:32 PM

I just came on here to post that same thing.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

all spring park is talking about how dedicate dhe is and he skipped the world baseball classic to concentrate on starting for the phils...and you always had that sense that he would bitch and whine if he was sent to the pen...so what does he do in his first start...farging four piece in the first inning

No doubt...Howard was on the move.

Way to be Ibanez...right off Cook's ass.

Be nice toget another 2-out run here.

And agreed on Park...dude came in here spouting off about starting, and he pitched like he wanted it in spring, but comes out when the bullets are live and shteins the bed. Way to be, pal.

Come on COSTE!

Geowhizzer

Hopefully that work helps him avoid the slumps that have occasionally plagued him - especially the early-season ones.

I've been on record that J.A. Happ would be in Park's spot in the rotaiton by June.  If Park pitches like this, the move could be made by May.

SD_Eagle5

Park will get a couple starts, so at least they're trying him out early. Wheels with his usual gold commentary, saying it's a pitchers day because it's only in the 40's...then using the cold excuse to defend Park's 1st inning. I thought Happ would get the 5 spot all along with the thinking he could pull a Kendrick since he's still an unknown around the league.

4-1

PhillyPhreak54

King - elbow/velocity issues
Myers - gopher ball issues
Moyer - age issues
Blanton - got lit
Park - shteintiness issues

The Phils staff leads the league in HR allowed (some dude named Dexter Fowler takes Park yard as I type this) with 13

They also have given up the fewest walks...so that's something positive, I guess.

Goddamn motherfarging Phillies. farg.

MDS

what the farg do you expect out of park. he won the job but barely. manuel wont hesitate to yank him if he shteins the bed again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Phreak, take a pill.

Anyone freaking about Hamels needs tp remember that he missed a chunk of ST. Let him get his groove back in a few more innings.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2009, 03:54:38 PM
Wheels with his usual gold commentary, saying it's a pitchers day because it's only in the 40's...then using the cold excuse to defend Park's 1st inning.

ugh i can hear him saying that and im fuming even thinking about it

1. banner
2. wheels

thats it thats the list
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Personally, I think that either Park or Happ are keeping the spot warm for Carrasco.  I can see him being slotted in the rotation come June or July.

PhillyPhreak54

No way...I'm tired of watching these fools get their heads beat in.

And I worry about Hamels because of his workload last year. Obviously I will give him time, but until he shakes it off I will be worried.