2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 08, 2009, 05:02:11 PM
3 times in the last 4 years they'll be swept at home in the season opener

You jinxed them. Now they'll win

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

BigEd76

Quote from: Don Ho on April 08, 2009, 06:12:34 PM
WTF just happened here?  To bad half the crowd split.

Down 10-3 to start the bottom of the 7th

Victorino groundout
Utley single
Howard HBP
Werth walk
Ibanez single (10-4)
Feliz single (10-5)
Stairs walk (10-6)
Coste walk (10-7)
Rollins walk (10-8)
Victorino single (10-9)
Utley walk (10-10)
Howard groundout (11-10)

Don Ho

Rollins needs to go back down to St. Pete.  Ouch.

Let's go Lidge.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Helluva comeback by the Phils.  Helluva implosion by the Braves.  Hearing the Braves annoucners mourn the loss almost made having to listen to their smugness when it was 10-3 bearable.  Almost.

I hate the Braves announcers.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 08, 2009, 06:38:39 PM
Helluva comeback by the Phils.  Helluva implosion by the Braves.  Hearing the Braves annoucners mourn the loss almost made having to listen to their smugness when it was 10-3 bearable.  Almost.

Who was calling the games for the Braves?  Now that they're no longer on TBS I don't to get hear all the "we", "us", "C'mon Chipper" comments. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on April 08, 2009, 06:50:18 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 08, 2009, 06:38:39 PM

Who was calling the games for the Braves?  Now that they're no longer on TBS I don't to get hear all the "we", "us", "C'mon Chipper" comments. 

I believe it was Joe Simpson and John "Boog" Sciambi. May has well have been Skip Caray and Pete Van Wieren.  Still the same smug attitude.

QB Eagles

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 08, 2009, 07:07:19 PM
That was one major pitching meltdown by the Braves. Holy shtein.

And good patience by the Phils' hitters.  Five walks and four singles.  Eight runs without an extra base hit.  Incredible inning.

Simpson sounded like a close relative died.

Rome

SD sent me a text saying the Phillies won.

My reply:

BULLshtein.

:-D

I got a haircut and ate dinner and missed the comeback.  Idiot.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, will Lidge blow a save in April?  I say yes.  Get it out of the way.

PhillyPhreak54

Amazing.

I left the house to go into the office and when I got out of my truck Howard had just gotten beaned. I get back in about 30 minutes later and they are leading 11-10. I about shtein myself.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 08, 2009, 08:41:28 PM
So, will Lidge blow a save in April?  I say yes.  Get it out of the way.

I think he's still shellshocked from Pujols' dinger.

Don Ho