2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

I know that direct dedicates more channels to the MLB and NHL packages than cable usually does (cable usually has MLB and NHL channel overlapping, which will reduce both when both seasons are going on).

On a side note:  check TBS. Never mind.  It's on Peachtree.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 07, 2009, 11:08:57 AM
Do they usually show CW57/phl17 games on EI?  The Flyers are on CSN tonight.  They could've shown the Atlanta feed at least...

i think they only show csn feeds...and that might be the problem because the atlanta feed is on that podunk peachtree network which they probably dont show feeds of either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, if I remember right the Peachtree doesn't show it either. And PHL games never are shown, which is why the Sunday afternoon games are always the visiting team broadcasts.

TBS showed nothing a "TBA" from 7 until 10...but down here the game would start at 6pm.

igy, I think you're right about the Ice package and EI sharing...but its bullshtein either way.

Is there a free preview of mlb.tv going on?

ice grillin you

thats a good question...i cant recall if mlb.tv offers freee previews...whenever i got it i paid in advance so i wasnt even looking for it...im not gonna worry about it anyway ill have flyers sixers on last channel and dont need a game on a laptop also going

plus moyer is gonna get slaughtered anyway....what are the chances hes still in the rotation past the all star break...if he is its only because hes jamie moyer

SD_Eagle5

Pregame stuff was awesome, but the game was the most boring sporting event I've ever attended. I'll try to post some high quality pics later

Geowhizzer

Yahoo has the Phils feed being on WPHL.

Direct does list the game.  I'm guessing it's the Peachtree feed.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2009, 11:31:20 AM
thats a good question...i cant recall if mlb.tv offers freee previews...whenever i got it i paid in advance so i wasnt even looking for it...im not gonna worry about it anyway ill have flyers sixers on last channel and dont need a game on a laptop also going

plus moyer is gonna get slaughtered anyway....what are the chances hes still in the rotation past the all star break...if he is its only because hes jamie moyer

Yeah, I wonder if he can last and if he does, how long can he do it with smoke and mirrors.

Would they yank him out of the rotation fresh off a 2yr deal? Put Happ in there?

ice grillin you

its hard for me to believe they would yank a veteran that respected and loved...its one thing to yank kyle kendrick...but i can also see moyer pulling himself...he seems like a stand guy who wouldnt want to be in the lineup if he couldnt play anymore

SunMo

i read that Comcast Philly (the old CN8) has added a HD channel, 201...so when games get bumped there they won't look so terrible.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2009, 12:18:04 PM
its hard for me to believe they would yank a veteran that respected and loved...its one thing to yank kyle kendrick...but i can also see moyer pulling himself...he seems like a stand guy who wouldnt want to be in the lineup if he couldnt play anymore

Dook is like 46. I'm still amazed he had a season like he did last year. No way he can do that again

MDS

wow how great is it to hear rem dog and orsillo, kiper and krukow, the awful michael kay, the sny guys, the smugness of chip caray....i love extra innings.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Victorino looks like crap.  That World Baseball Classic did him wonders.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Well...I can't watch it and it may be better that way. Larry just went yard...4-0 Braves.

Way to open up the year you big headed fargs.

MDS

how can anyone get mad. the phillies could collectively rape a paraplegic 12 year old and i would be mad at them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.