2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

They signed Gustavo Chacin to a minor league deal. Low risk move if he never recovers what he had in his first year with Toronto. But he's been awful since and the Nats cut him in ST.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

And a walk to Utley brings Howard up as the tying run...

And he takes a fastball for strike three.  On pace for 324 Ks for the year.

MDS

i turned it on with jimmys ab in the 9th. so i guess i missed a good game. cant get mad. 5 year grace period in effect.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on April 05, 2009, 10:38:48 PM
i turned it on with jimmys ab in the 9th. so i guess i missed a good game. cant get mad. 5 year grace period in effect.

It was a good game... if you were a Braves fan. 

Myers threw meatballs the first two innings and straightened out, but the damage was done.  Lowe made the Phils' hitters look foolish.

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

the gold crap is something that the World Series winners have been doing for a couple of years now, started by the Red Sox, and the Cardinals did it too....

The WS patch on the right sleeve will be there for every home game though...

Don Ho

wtf Howard?  So much for having a great spring.

Day off to rest (for us to rest).  Like Geo, off to watch replays of Victorino's Grand Slam off Sabathia, Stairs fricken Monster that just landed in Sacramento and game 5 of the Selig Bowl. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 05, 2009, 11:20:48 PM
really would anyone care if the phils went 0-162

Probably a little, but they always start slow in April.  And it's not like the king was pitching last night.  You have to take bad Myers with good Myers.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews