Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There are three different songs?  Surely you jest, sir.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Firefly Festival's 2013 lineup to be released in mid-February
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on December 11, 2012, 12:09:45 PM
Firefly Festival's 2013 lineup to be released in mid-February

I just saw that...lineup is going to have to kick ass again for me to make another trip. Music was great but the hipster douchebags almost made it not worth it.

Gonna see the Killers Thursday night at the sbc

Munson

I was hopeful they'd get The Foo this year, as they do a lot of festivals and Dave Grohl frequents the Delaware beaches....but then they went on hiatus or whatever. Hopefully they pull a every band ever and still get together to play a few festivals or other single shows during the year.

It was an impressive lineup for a first year festival, so I've got high hopes for year 2. Hopefully they can add some other entertainment as well ala Bonnaroo, get a few comics, maybe a late night show here or there, etc.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

And have fun at The Killers show. I went and got the new CD after liking the new songs they played at the show...If they toned down the synth a little bit more, they'd have a very very strong Springsteen sound, but you can definitely still hear it in some of the songs/lyrics.

Don Ho

Saw Chevy Metal Sunday night at a fund raiser for a local foundation.  Chevy Metal is a 70s dirt rock cover band who play deep cuts off albums by Sabbath, Van Halen, AC/DC and The Stones, to name a few. They are comprised of Foo Fighters Taylor Hawkins (drums/vocals) and Chris Shiflett (guitar) along with wiley Hodgden (bass/vocals).  Awesome.  Small venue so it was a great environment.  Only negative was it was Sunday night so that part sucked.  Didn't get home until after midnight.  We had VIP seating so the alcohol was all inclusive and flowing.  Monday AM was not fun.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I saw the photos on Honolulu Pulse.

Hawkins & Shiflett play a surf bar while Grohl & Smear play the Garden with McCartney.

Excellent.

SD

The Killers postponed tonight's show

DH

did kanye west really wear a skirt last night?

Rome

Attention whoring icehole.

DH

he was terrible, and im actually a pretty big fan of his music. it didnt fit - to go from the teary eyed salutes to the first responders, etc with the who, stones and bruce to kanye spitting on the stage, dropping the nbomb and talking about all the douchebags made me question who put the thing together.

other than that, the lineup was incredible - kudos to whoever decided to let it air on tv.

claptons acoustic version of "nobody knows you when youre down and out" was amazing.

ice grillin you

it aired on tv because it was a telethon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on December 13, 2012, 05:20:17 PM
I saw the photos on Honolulu Pulse.

Hawkins & Shiflett play a surf bar while Grohl & Smear play the Garden with McCartney.

Excellent.

shtein, I'm in one of those!  My friend runs the foundation here.  We had so much fun.  The riveting conversations with some of these surfers on tour were priceless. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

Quote from: DH on December 13, 2012, 06:51:47 PM
he was terrible, and im actually a pretty big fan of his music. it didnt fit - to go from the teary eyed salutes to the first responders, etc with the who, stones and bruce to kanye spitting on the stage, dropping the nbomb and talking about all the douchebags made me question who put the thing together.

other than that, the lineup was incredible - kudos to whoever decided to let it air on tv.

claptons acoustic version of "nobody knows you when youre down and out" was amazing.

yeah, i'm a big kanye fan but that was horrible
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54