Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Munson on July 23, 2012, 12:24:04 AM
Firefly was awesome, hopefully Delaware brings it back next year, some chick got fingerbanged right next to me at the Killers, I need to go shower for the next 5 days.

I was never a fan of the Killers [I am now] but they put on one hell of a show. The Black Keys were incredible too. The festival coordinators did a great job with the bands, traffic, amount of port o potties etc.

My only complaint were the amount of hipster douchebags at the event. They're easy enough to spot considering they all wear one of these retarded head bandanas:

Munson

A friend of mine that went to bonaroo pointed out that it wasn't the normal festival crowd (hippies) and that they'd be smart to add a few jam bands just to turn off some of the hipster douche bags and attract the usual crowd that these festivals attract.

But yeah there definitely were a lot of dudebro's there. Not that I wasn't dressed like one at least half the time.

The Killers show was awesome. I always considered myself a mild fan of theirs, but they played every song from them I wanted to hear plus a few others that I hadn't heard before and liked. The new CD sounds like it's gonna be good. The single seems a bit more rock n roll than their usual stuff
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

During the hotter months I will occasionally wear a white bandana on the golf course to keep the sweat out of my eyes and because it royally pisses off the country club wannabes.

Mock?

Oh, and The Killers are really good live.  I wasn't a huge fan but my wife got me into them by osmosis.   Hot Fuss is a great record.

SD

Quote from: Munson on July 23, 2012, 01:52:00 AM
A friend of mine that went to bonaroo pointed out that it wasn't the normal festival crowd (hippies) and that they'd be smart to add a few jam bands just to turn off some of the hipster douche bags and attract the usual crowd that these festivals attract.

I'm down with this idea. Aside from the Black Keys who were worth the price of admission and AWOLnation yesterdays lineup blew. Some douchey bandana wearing hipster was trying to convince me that Death Cab for a Cutie is a good band it's just their lead singer was sick. They were horrible and his voice sounded fine.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20120722_Jack_White_rocks_his_headlining_set_Friday_at_Firefly_Music_Fest_in_Dover__Del_.html

Quote from: Rome on July 23, 2012, 07:24:33 AM
During the hotter months I will occasionally wear a white bandana on the golf course to keep the sweat out of my eyes and because it royally pisses off the country club wannabes.

Mock?

Oh, and The Killers are really good live.  I wasn't a huge fan but my wife got me into them by osmosis.   Hot Fuss is a great record.

You're not a hipster douchebag and that style should be left to bikers. I hope they're pissed off. And same with the killers, knew a couple of their popular songs but didn't realize how good they really are.

Tomahawk

Mock?

You mean diffusion; not osmosis.

Munson

I like a couple of Death Cab songs but I could never really get into them. I Will Follow You Into the Dark is a good (and pretty sad) song that I'm surprised they didn't play. But I never liked that Possess Your Heart song even though it blew up all over the radio.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

DH

Rome

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 23, 2012, 08:21:52 AM

Mock?

I thought you were pre-med?

What's the difference?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on July 23, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Hot Fuss is a great record.

??

Rome only listens to vinyl.  He also has The Wire box set on tape.   

Munson

Sams town is pretty good too. Wasn't a big fan of the songs I heard off day and age but they're alright. Like them a little more now that I've heard them live. Loved hearing the bass line to jenny was a friend of mine live, sounded almost like funk

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 23, 2012, 02:10:08 PM
Quote from: DH on July 23, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Hot Fuss is a great record.

??

Rome only listens to vinyl.  He also has The Wire box set on tape.

Surprisingly enough this is false.

I have it on a special IMAX print.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Rome on July 23, 2012, 02:04:17 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on July 23, 2012, 08:21:52 AM

Mock?

I thought you were pre-med?

What's the difference?

Pre-med? I must have missed something.

Diffusion is the movement of matter from an area of greater concentration to an area of lesser. Osmosis is the diffusion of a solution (liquid) through a semi-permeable membrane.

Rome

Animal House reference.

Also -

Osmosis is the diffusion of water down its concentration gradient.  By osmosis I meant my body had been violated thru my skin with it.

Sgt PSN

Osmosis is when you sleep with your head on a book becuase you don't want to read it. 

Tomahawk