Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Might be going to the APC show now. I am trading something of equal value for the ticket  :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

just realized TvonTheRadio was playing Rams Head tonight. 

TV on the Radio:

04-08 Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
04-09 Charlottesville, VA - Jefferson Theatre
04-10 Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live
04-13 New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
04-16 Boston, MA - House of Blues
04-17 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis
04-18 Toronto, Ontario - Sound Academy
04-20 Detroit, MI - St. Andrew's Hall
04-23-24 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
04-25 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre
05-02 San Diego, CA - 4th and B
06-22 Zagreb, Croatia - T Mobile Inmusic Festival
07-03 London, England - Wireless Festival
07-08 Bilbao, Spain - BBK Live Festival
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I hate Rams Head Live.  It's like seeing a show at a cinema-one-too-many.  Stale, PTA approved, sponsored by <insert beer corporation.>

Awful.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: mussa on April 10, 2011, 07:04:27 PM
Might be going to the APC show now. I am trading something of equal value for the ticket  :yay :yay

you still have my number?

SD

Just got back from the MMRBQ...they went from Alice and Chains and Stone Temple Pilots last year to 3 doors down and Seether this year...needlesss to say this years show wasn't as good. Still a good time but music wise it just didn't compare.

SD

is there anything better than live music? I doubt it. farg off.

Rome

I've seen the pictures.

Slow down next time, big fella.

Diomedes

I'll be seeing J.Roddy Walston this weekend, looking forward to that.

More importantly, I've got tickets for Shellac in September.   Last time I saw them was in like '05 in Brooklyn.  I couldn't be happier.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

going to see Foster the People at the end of June, cant wait.  Missed out on tickets in april for their last show. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Quote from: SD on April 11, 2011, 07:56:39 AM
Quote from: mussa on April 10, 2011, 07:04:27 PM

you still have my number?

No I doubt it, PM me if you want. I still didn't get the tickets yet. It's smelling like this friend is full of shtein about getting tickets. I'll let you know when I do.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

The Roots are the headliner at the Philly 4th of July Celebration on the Ben Franklin Parkway. Plan right now is to get down there around noon and spend the day there but I have a feeling certain people are going to flake.

Diomedes

SD

The people I thought would flake did, still had a chance to go down there but I have to be up at 5 and I can't imagine being down there and not drinking so I'm being a Hoyda and watching it at home. DJ Jazzy Jeff just did a nasty ass remix of Run DMC and some other shtein. Sick.

SD

APC was good...but not great. Outsider was unreal but it basically sounded like an amped up version of the song. They didn't play Judith or 3 Libras. I mean, they're REALLY known for a few songs and they don't bother playing those songs. Maynard sat in the back left hand corner of the stage the whole time and the band only revved it up a few times. Every time I've seen TOOL they've blown my farging mind. APC didn't come close.

Rome

Does it really surprise you that they (he) didn't give the audience what it wanted or paid for?

They played Imagine & People Are People (really?!) but not Judith.

PS: According to THIS LINK 3 Libras was the 11th song they played.