Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

amazing?  they amaze you?  you went to see them live, and the show amazed you?

were you agog with amazement?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

A Perfect Circle will be at Festival Pier (Penns Landing) July 16th...tickets go on sale tomorrow morning.

Already got my tickets and back stage passes.

Rome

I didn't know Iha was back with them.

And of course no effing dates in this hell hole of a state.

FML.

SD

311 and Sublime are playing Festival Pier July 26th and Weezer on May 20th. It's gonna be a good summer.

mussa

Wondering how much you got raped for the APC tickets. I am not even trying. Its pretty sad I can't afford to see bands like this anymore. I used to go see shows religiously during college and easily afford it with a shtein job. Now tickets are at least $35 to see even an up and coming band, then $15-$20 in taxes and fees. No thanks, I'll stick to indie bands and small venues.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD

Quote from: mussa on April 08, 2011, 10:00:25 AM
Wondering how much you got raped for the APC tickets. I am not even trying. Its pretty sad I can't afford to see bands like this anymore. I used to go see shows religiously during college and easily afford it with a shtein job. Now tickets are at least $35 to see even an up and coming band, then $15-$20 in taxes and fees. No thanks, I'll stick to indie bands and small venues.

They were free. I know people. How do you think I got them 3 days before they went on sale.

Seabiscuit36

I'm going to see TVontheRadio tonight. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I knew you had the connect thats right...well your lucky.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

I'm going to see Iron Maiden on the 17th.

Freakshow but still fun.

smeags

maiden is still going strong after all these years, great farging band.

i wouldnt mind going to see sublime & 311.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

mussa

Saw The Cave Singers at Johnny Brenda's in Philly last Friday. An awesome small venue and a really good show. Look them up

Dillen

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 08, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
Sick, where? I haven't listened to them in awhile but they're usually getting play on my iTunes.

Diomedes

They have a new album, right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Dillen on April 08, 2011, 08:02:21 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 08, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
Sick, where? I haven't listened to them in awhile but they're usually getting play on my iTunes.
It was at the Electric Factory last night and it was farging amazing.  I've seen a shteinload of concerts, but their show was by far the best i've seen.  They play at a level that CD's cant replicate.  DIO they had a band called Celebration out of Baltimore.  Really trippy shtein, lead singer seemed like she was a female Jim Morrison,  you might wanna give em a listen/show. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Yeah, I know Celebration.  Not my thing really.  It is nice to see them doing well though.  There's a pretty good music and arts thing going on in Charm City.

My favorite Baltimore band right now is J.Roddy Walston and the Business (though they only moved to Baltimore from Tennessee something like six years ago).