Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

You certainly like watching a lot of tool, mussa. 

Rome

Set List:

Jambi
Stinkfist(ext)
46+2
Schism(ext)
Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right in Two
Intermission
Wings for Marie/10k Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

And I didn't say it "bothered" me, mussa.  I said it was distracting.  I'm a relative newcomer to the band and it was my first time seeing them live.  I'm not used to seeing a lead singer standing in the back next to the drummer without so much as a spotlight on him.  It was an interesting choice and like I said it didn't bother me so much as it was a distraction visually.

mussa

no pushtein? i just looked up the setlists and saw they were using 2 setlists. yours looked like it should include pushtein also. im just curious because thats prob my fav tool song and the ext. live version is soo good. after these 3 shows i will have seen them live 8 times.

yea i guess it can be kind of distracting. i mean they don't appear in there videos and they pretty much try to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible, so to a longtime fan its not big deal, its just how they do.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mussa on June 03, 2007, 10:41:03 AM
no pushtein? i just looked up the setlists and saw they were using 2 setlists. yours looked like it should include pushtein also. im just curious because thats prob my fav tool song and the ext. live version is soo good. after these 3 shows i will have seen them live 8 times.

yea i guess it can be kind of distracting. i mean they don't appear in there videos and they pretty much try to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible, so to a longtime fan its not big deal, its just how they do.
nice filter  :-D
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

had 2nd row seats to bloc party last night.  awesome show.  i was literally 5 feet away from them, if that. 

the opening act had a cute keyboard chick and i could see right up her dess the whole time.  i'll upload some pictures later.

mussa

i saw a live show on tv the other night of bloc party and was pretty disappointed. the singer sounded horrible live. maybe it was just a bad show or something. i turned it quick.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

tool tonight in Baltimore. anyone know of a good bar to get some drinks at before hand near the 1st Mariner Arena???

mussa

201 W. Baltimore St is the addy

Diomedes

I don't know any bars in that area yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

there really wasn't any.  baltimore show was tight, so was the AC show. the new visuals they have are the best yet. maynard was in plain view for both shows. i was on the floor for baltimore and AC we were dead center, in the back at stage level, pretty much perfect seats other than being 50-75 yrds from stage.

Wingspan

Anyone ever been to the Festival Peir in philly?

I have tickets to see Modest Mouse in august and really dont know what to expect  from that place.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

never. muse is going to be there august 10 i think, and im dying to see them live, but i got a bachelor party that entire weekend.

phattymatty

going to see seu jorge tonight.

phattymatty

saw morrissey last night.

morrissey sucks.

Rome

Did he play a lot of Smiths songs?