Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i saw them about two years ago before they started to get big at a small club in dc and it's still one of the top 4-5 shows i've ever been to.  i saw them again last year at an old empty swimming pool in brooklyn and it still rocked but it was outside and didn't sound quite as good. 

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on March 28, 2007, 04:49:16 PMi saw them again last year at an old empty swimming pool in brooklyn and it still rocked but it was outside and didn't sound quite as good.

McCarren park/pool, or something like that.  ClearChannel ran that place last summer.  Would have gone to a show there if not for that fact.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

yeah thats it, right between greenpoint and williamsburg. 

Diomedes

Cool as place to have a show, physically speaking.  Can't speak to the sound.  And farg ClearChannel.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Mad-Lad

Ken Andrews at the Double Door last night.  Sounded great.  He even played some Failure and Year of the Rabbit tracks.  Apparently, the band that opened "Bearclaw" was really good too, but we missed them due to our pre-show drinking at a nearby bar.

phattymatty

cold war kids were pretty awesome last night, sounded even better live than they do on cd.

Diomedes

that's quite a comment, considering how good the cd is.  i especially love the "hidden" track at the end

phattymatty

yeah awesome show.  i guess they don't have a whole lot more stuff than whats on that album though because that's all i have of them and i recognized almost every song.  maybe one that i didn't.   but they sounded great. 

Diomedes

no new material..they didn't even cover a few old standards?  interesting. 

was it a short set?

phattymatty

they played maybe an hour, possibly a little longer.  they did a cover at the end that was pretty good, called well, well, well. 

Mad-Lad

Saw Peeping Tom on Sunday night.  Pretty good show.  Kinda what i was expecting.  Not as kick ass as other Patton projects.  He did have this girl named Butterscotch beatboxing though. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCeokxyHVj4

She's no Rahzel, but she's half his age and hasn't flushed her career down the toilet by attempting to go solo.

mussa

Just scored tickets for Tool. 2 tickets to Atlantic City, June 9th. 1 ticket to Baltimore June 8th. Dio you should go to Baltimore show.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

No thanks.  Arena shows aren't fun.

Cerevant

This probably doesn't fit in this thread, but I saw Billy Joel in Toronto Last week, and I have to say: he's still got it...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"