Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: phattymatty on September 28, 2006, 02:58:57 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on September 28, 2006, 12:01:14 PM
I'm going to see TOOL in D.C tomorrow night.

where are they playing?  the flyers are in town tomorrow but i would definitely switch plans for that.

They are playing at the Verizon Center. Saturday @ 8:00.

If you can't get tickets, let me know, and I will laugh at you.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD_Eagle5

TOOL was farging insane, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Thanks MURP and mussa for the pre-show brews.  :yay

mussa

Hells yes! Insane indeed. I'm soaked to the bone, your lucky you had seats. Nice meeting you bro.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

I'm dry as a bone. Maynard is a genius. I copped a T-shirt for 7 bones on the way out.

MURP

what a show.  This is a bad day for work.  ha.

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

at least yous got home before midnite (guessing)

try having been at rfk until 3am watching the phillies die a really slow death

btw bob seger announced he is gonna tour
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 29, 2006, 01:36:57 AM
TOOL was farging insane, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I'm going tomorrow. I need details! How was the opening act? Highlights of the TOOL show? Did they play any covers? Will MURP and mussa be coming to D.C tomorrow to buy me beer before and/or after the show?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

Man I would love to see them again, whats the venue like in DC? I might just try to go if it's not sold out. I got a buddy in DC

Set list from last night

STINKFIST
THE POT
FORTY-SIX & 2
JAMBI
SCHISM
LOST KEYS / ROSETTA STONED
WINGS FOR MARIE / 10,000 DAYS
LATERALUS
ÆNEMA

also check here for reviews: http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=54115

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mussa on September 29, 2006, 09:54:22 AM
SCHISM

Which sounded amazing...even through a cell phone.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

How was Jambi, easily my favorite song from the new album
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

The entire show was amazing. Jambi was great, def one of my fav's off the new album. I'd have to say Lateralus or AEnima were the highlights of the night for me. Lateralus for just the awesomeness of the song and everyone was going crazy and AEnima because EVERYONE was singing right along.  The rain was a bitch at first, but after awhile you were drenched and you didn't care. From then on it just added to the show.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: mussa on September 29, 2006, 09:54:22 AM
Man I would love to see them again, whats the venue like in DC? I might just try to go if it's not sold out. I got a buddy in DC

I've heared mixed reviews on the Verizon Center (formerly the MCI Center). Some say it has terrible accoustics, while others say it's great for a large concert. I'd rather see them at the Nissan Pavillion, but farg it. It's TOOL. I'd watch them just about anywhere. The concert they did in Osaka was easily the best show I have ever seen in my life, and there have been many. I've seen TOOL two times, tomorrow will be my third, and I've seen A Perfect Circle twice.  Both the TOOL and the APC concerts easily rank in the top ten I've seen.

Seabiscuit36

I saw the Up in Smoke Tour back in 99-2000(its kind of a blur for obious reasons) From my expierience at the MCI center its all about where your seats are.  We had seats on teh side which were horrible, we moved to the back facing the stadium and it was a million time better
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on September 29, 2006, 10:05:10 AM
The entire show was amazing. Jambi was great, def one of my fav's off the new album. I'd have to say Lateralus or AEnima were the highlights of the night for me. Lateralus for just the awesomeness of the song and everyone was going crazy and AEnima because EVERYONE was singing right along.  The rain was a bitch at first, but after awhile you were drenched and you didn't care. From then on it just added to the show.

Same here, Lateralus was insane, I thought the place was going to explode when they played Aenima. They opened with Stinkfist, The Pot and 46 and 2. Didn't hear anything off their first album and was a little disappointed they didn't play Prison Sex or Sober but oh well, the show was awesome.