Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

i heard they're doing a bunch of free ones this summer on sundays with some good bands.  i'd go if i lived closer.

Diomedes

Yeah, I'll pass on that series.  I would like to see Wolfmother and Two Gallants (they open for Govt Mule, who I'm not interested in), but Clear Channel can suck it.  They don't get my money.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

The Detroit Cobras played Otto bar in Baltimore friday night.  I had a good time.  They groove.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

My buddy (shellback from the EMB) called me lastnight from TOOL and let me listen to about 20 minutes of the concert. That was enough to give me a mini erection.

mussa

SD, you should meet up with me and murp and drink some beers before the show in camden
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Sounds cool, check your PMs.

mussa

I mean just as long as your not dressed up as a wookie or stormtrooper, we're good  ;)
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Father Demon

Just got home from Willie Nelson and John Fogarty.

Willie was Willie, but it's a shame he's showing his age.  In fact, considering all the abuse he has put his body through, I'm surprised he's lasted 73 years.  He did a good job -- nice, mellow evening listening to twangy music.  I really wanted to see Willie tonight, as he is an "American Icon."

I've never been much of a CCR or John Fogarty fan, but Mrs. Demon and I decided to stay and listen anyway.  Damn glad I did -- Fogarty's show was amazing.  Loud doesn't begin to describe it, but the music was awesome, Fogarty's voice was strong, and the energy was extremely high.  I'm now much more of a fan of his that I was.  I'd definately see him again given the chance.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

i saw jurassic 5 last week for about the 5th or 6th time.  always a great show.  but the crowds are getting so white and young it's getting to be a little weird.

phattymatty

going to see kool keith, aka dr. octogon, aka dr. doom, aka black elvis tonight.

i heard during his last show he brought out a garbage bag full of capri suns and individually wrapped chicken wings and threw them out to the crowd.

Diomedes

Southern Culture on the Skids used to throw fried chicken at the crowd.

SunMo

going to see Roger Watters tonight in Camden, he's doing some of his solo stuff and then he's doing the entire Darkside of the Moon
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on August 24, 2006, 07:42:19 AM
Southern Culture on the Skids used to throw fried chicken at the crowd.

I love that band.

Going to see Aerosmith next saturday and TOOL on the 28th, should make for an interesting week.

MURP

ill be at the tool show.  we should meet up.

mussa

eye eye, i think SD_Eagle PM'd us his number.