Dom Brown
Biddle
Ruff
Asche

for

Gincarlo Stanton

LETS DO THIS

MDS

did jimmy rollins do anything noteworthy today?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

He tackled better than the Eagles' secondary.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2013, 07:30:59 PM
did jimmy rollins do anything noteworthy today?

other than being gawdly no
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

jimmy rollins had a lower WAR than brendan ryan and nick punto

his ops was .2 higher than zack cosart's

his average was .2 lower than zack cosart's

BUT....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 29, 2013, 07:52:18 PM
WAR...what is it good for?

its a pretty good indication of how each player compares to the league average. you know, math and shtein. defense aside the phillies could have played freddy galvis at SS and would have been just as zesty as they were.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

there is no point in talking about baseball with people who go full head-in-sand with any kind of widely-accepted statistic that just so happened to not be around when they are growing up

jimmy rollins had a 0.1 war. that sucks. thats a fact.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2013, 07:57:38 PM
there is no point in talking about baseball with people who go full head-in-sand with any kind of widely-accepted statistic that just so happened to not be around when they are growing up

jimmy rollins had a 0.1 war. that sucks. thats a fact.

You don't really need to even use WAR to illustrate that Jimmy was pretty terrible this year.  He's still my favorite Phillie but yeah.

MDS

in 2007 when he won the mvp jimmy had a 6.0 war

this season when hit 253 with a 320 obp and sub 700 ops he had a 0.1 war

USELESS STAT TELLS ME NOTHING

BigEd76

Everything fell their way today and they ended up with the #7 pick in the draft, which means more draft pool money, more international money, and their pick is protected in free agency

QB Eagles

Cool. The Phillies will now have a slightly better chance of having a better player who will join their team 5 years from now from a draft in which more than 50% of the top players are usually busts, unless they trade him away like they do with 90% of their picks or the kid just decides to go to college instead.

I wonder why people don't get more excited about the MLB draft.