Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Great start so far from Hamels. He's given them innings and worked himself out of jams nicely. His only mistake was the 0-2 groove to Beltre.

Great slide by Polanco there and credit to the ump for not ringing him up just because the ball beat him. Because if that little goofy fargbag Nava guns a guy out then the slurping will be more sickening that it already is.

Munson

Why the farg is Lidge not throwing?

Edit: Okay, just doing it for matchups. Not a save situation anymore anyway.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Now it is.

Ad Lidge was throwing along with Romero when the 5th run crossed the plate.

Munson

I definitely heard TMac and Wheels say "Lidge isn't throwing."

But yah, they bring in JC to get out the two lefties, and he doesn't get either of them out :yay
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Well they were wrong because NESN showed Lidge and Romero both throwing.

Nava...go die, icehole.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 13, 2010, 04:32:48 PM
Well they were wrong because NESN showed Lidge and Romero both throwing.

Nava...go die, icehole.

Not very surprising.

Lidge gets the save, Hamels gets the win, 2008 is back baby!!!!!

Seabiscuit36

Sadly, it does.  Cole seems to be back to his old bitchy self, he can go the distance, its just whether his vajajay gets too sopping wet to finish the jerb. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

hes actually been really good this year and is one of the last concerns. but continue bitching that he gave up A run and dont mention that fatty blanton has been worse than a sb handjob on bobby clarke. youre pretty much just mashing it at this point, buddy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Didn't realize he gave up an 1st inning ding.  How appropriate.  Didn't watch until bottom of the ninth.  Long night of many Sierra Nevadas.  Romero almost let the BoSox right back in.  Rest of the season is going to be one long roller coaster ride.  Need to get some kind of pulse going by the All Star break.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

QuoteUtley, meanwhile, has six hits in 38 at-bats in June, with only two of them going for extra bases.

Holy shtein!  6 hits in 2 weeks?  Man crush is off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2010, 07:17:58 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/Waiting_for_Utley_Maybe_it_is_that_simple.html#axzz0qs6isv5H

thats one of the more on point pieces ive seen in a while and one ive been looking for for like two years now..

this is especially accurate and something ive been saying forever...

But it is still amazing to me how a sporting public that is considered among the toughest in the country is so quick to ignore the fact that Utley, like 99 percent of baseball players, will sometimes drop into a slump.

When Ryan Howard doesn't hit, it is because he swings at bad pitches out of the zone.

When Jimmy Rollins doesn't hit, it is because he is impatient at the plate.

When Jayson Werth doesn't hit, it is because he is swinging for a new contract.

But when Utley doesn't hit, he must be hurt.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

We need Todd to mock him incessantly all day.  He was great against Sabathia in the WS, so maybe he'll wake up.

BigEd76

Utley is hitting 2nd tonight, swapping with Polanco

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 15, 2010, 11:19:29 AM
We need Todd to mock him incessantly all day.  He was great against Sabathia in the WS, so maybe he'll wake up.

yikes. hi. attention for you. hi.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.