Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteCharlie Manuel brings us our quote of the day, when asked why the Phillies have been accused of stealing signs by the Rockies: "Because we beat them. That's why. Keep crying.

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on May 12, 2010, 12:20:48 PM
general question - so the bigg issue here is the use of binoculars ?

IMO, it is.  And it's not even a huge deal, just something I don't think should be allowed.  If the runner on 2nd is stealing signs, the other team can and probably will notice and change their signs.  But when you've got someone in the bp using binoculars, no one on the other team will pick up on that.   

so does anyonw think it's wrong for lopes to use a stop watch to time a pitcher's delivery ?

Don't have a problem with that because it doesn't give the Phils any indication of what the opposing team is going to do.  I could care less if every coach on the field had stop watches. 

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 12, 2010, 02:06:13 PM
QuoteCharlie Manuel brings us our quote of the day, when asked why the Phillies have been accused of stealing signs by the Rockies: "Because we beat them. That's why. Keep crying.

:-D

:yay

smeags

i dont think its a big deal either but the use of technology seems to be the problem here which is why is brought up the stop watch.

hey maybe teams steal signs on kendrick most times ?  ;D

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 11, 2010, 10:21:42 PM
Apparently the Rockies are crying about the Phillies stealing signs after the camera caught Billmeyer using binoculars and then calling up Vic in the dugout.

SD

how don't you send Chooch there with the pitchers spot coming up

SunMo

probably because he's hurt and he came out of the game right after that play
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD on May 12, 2010, 04:21:19 PM
how don't you send Chooch there with the pitchers spot coming up

Because he's hurt. :(
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

LBIggle

damn, their hitting halladay today

PhillyGirl

there, they're, their.

Learn how to use them, for the love of God!

ARGH!

Don Ho

Doc having a rough go at it today.  Nothing like pitching in 40 degree weather in mid may.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

haha, 2nd and 3rd no out and they get nothing
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

Did Hoover even know what the hell was going on during that stupid move by the guy at third?  Looked like he dove right into Hoover who was just trying to stop the ball from rolling away. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

I'll be sure to have a chat with the spell check on the iphone if you promise to keep having conniptions over the most miniscule things