Who do you think is most responsible for where the Eagles are right now?

Started by The BIGSTUD, January 10, 2010, 10:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you consider most responsible

Reid the GM
5 (23.8%)
Reid the coach
10 (47.6%)
Jeff Lurie
3 (14.3%)
Joe Banner
1 (4.8%)
Tom Heckert
0 (0%)
Howie Roseman
0 (0%)
Donovan McNabb
1 (4.8%)
A specific offensive player not McNabb(name them)
0 (0%)
A specific defensive player(name them)
0 (0%)
other
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

The BIGSTUD

Obviously there are plenty of people to blame for where the Eagles are right now, and I'm pretty sure you can break down the percentages of blame a variety of ways. But I'm sure most of you at least have one person in mind most responsible for where the Eagles are right now and being embarrassed by Dallas twice in 2 weeks.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MMH

Is that a trick question, or are you retarded?

Reid is the problem, plain and simple.  Stupid game plans, bad drafts, a complete inability to adjust in game.  Losing JJ was just the icing on the cake.

The BIGSTUD

The drafts have actually been improved lately, and Lurie/Banner were the ones who decided to extend Andy Reid. So you can make the argument that if they did their job better Reid wouldn't be here anymore. You can make a case for all of them.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Reid the McNabb-coddler. If Reid gives McNabb tough-love, this team is better. If Reid ditches McNabb for a QB with some clutch/spine/intestinal fortitude this team is better.

But Reid is a zesty disinterested father who uses his zesty disinterested father act on a QB who needs someone to smack him around.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

the problem is even if it wasnt to late to do that mcnabb is incapable of taking that kind of wrist slapping...hes still pissed about the draft day booing how do you think hes gonna respond to a coach getting in his ass on the regular

he cant win the really big games and he cant beat good quarterbacks....and more than that is i dont think he really cares if he wins it all...his comments after saturdays game stating the eagles "had a great year" and his pissy sarcasticc comment that hes "sorry for not going 16-0" says everything

anyway in his entire postseason career he has beaten exactly one good qb (brett farve)

the rest of his playoff wins

eli manning
shaun king
dante culpepper
tavaris jackson
kerry collins
brad johnson
mike vick x 2
shane matthews

playoff losses

kurt warner X2
brad johnson
jake delhomme
tom brady
tony romo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MMH on January 10, 2010, 11:16:26 PM
Is that a trick question, or are you retarded?

Reid is the problem, plain and simple.  Stupid game plans, bad drafts, a complete inability to adjust in game.  Losing JJ was just the icing on the cake.

This.

Reid as GM AND coach.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

shtein rolls down hill, right?  where does it roll from?  the top.  so.....as much as mcnabb chokes in the big games....  as horrible of a playcaller and in-game coach as reid is....  as arrogant and jewey as joe banner is..... they are all employed by the same person.  i don't think you can reasonably pin all or the majority of the blame on reid, mcnabb, banner, mcdermott or anyone else collecting a paycheck.  that's not to say that they are without fault or blame, but their individual failures and short comings over the years have led us to the exact point we are today.  but who has ultimately been steering the ship?

lurie has found nearly the perfect "business model" when it comes to running a pro-sports team.  he knows that fans will come to the games and buy merchandise if he puts a team on the field that's competitive.  and by competitive, he really means competing for the playoffs every year. because when it comes down to it, most fans will tell you that they want a competitive team on the field that's got a shot at the playoffs because they think once they're in, then anything can happen.   

and over the years he's been able to field such a team without ever coming close to spending all of the cap money.  so he's maximizing profit by spending the minimal amount of money necessary to give the fans the product that they all say they want...a competitive team that's worth watching on sunday.  and for the most part, that's exactly what lurie has given us.  it's also exactly what he's talking about when it comes to being the "gold standard" in the nfl.  he's not talking about on field performance.  he's talking about the profit margin. 

so in the midst of all my farg reids, farg mcnabbs, farg the defense, farg farg farg, let me throw a nice, big, fat FARG LURIE out there too. 

phattymatty

This just showed up in the feed so I voted for McNabb. Didn;t remember of we were good or bad at the time. Looks like bad.