Keeper League 12

Started by Sgt PSN, July 19, 2012, 04:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on September 03, 2012, 04:13:35 PM
I think the league would be greatly improved by the following:

price increase...at least $25 per year, and paid up front, so the winner doesn't have to chase people for his due
two more teams
fewer keepers: QB, RB, WR, TE/D/K, Rookie

Agree on all 3.  I had thought about suggesting the change in keepers at some point during the offseason but never got around to mentioning it here, specifically keeping 1 rb and wr instead of 2....or maybe 1 rb, 1 wr and 1 rb/wr flex.   

If we reduce the RB and WR keepers, then that should put enough talent back into the draft pool to allow for the addition of 2 more teams.

Consider my vote a "yes" for $25 buy in for the current season and a "yes" for additional teams/less keepers for 2013. 

SunMo

I'm a yes for $25 buy in

my suggested changes:

get rid of flex
start 3 wr
reduce keepers to 1 qb, 1wr, 1rb, 1 rookie

add more teams if we can but that would mean a total redraft obviously.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

I like the flex position because starting a 3rd receiver is a matter of taste...some like receivers, some like running backs.

Keeping the flex makes the most sense and adds strategy to drafting.

Basically, ignore SunMo's flex elimination proposal.  :=)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

The flex isn't going anywhere. However, the idea of reducing the number of keepers seems to be fairly popular so we can certainly entertain suggestions there.

While reducing keepers might allow for the addition of another two teams, I think in order for it to be even remotely fair for the new teams we'd have to seriously rejigger the draft in some way. Which sounds like a lot of work for me. Or just start from scratch which punishes current GMs who have spent time building their teams. This one will require more discussion.

I think everyone has OK'ed $25 with the exception of PhillyCrew. If he doesn't respond here I'll ask him in person next time I see him. Money decisions need to be unanimous IMO.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillycrew

I won't argue over going to $25.  I don't really see the big deal but whatever.  Reduce the number of keepers.  Keep with 8 teams.

SunMo

what's the point of flex?  make it easier for retards to draft a team.  make all the  positions flex, that would be fun

ice grillin you

lol

flex is the absolute worst
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on September 04, 2012, 01:45:47 PM
what's the point of flex?  make it easier for retards to draft a team.  make all the  positions flex, that would be fun

Seconded. All positions are now flex starting next year.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on September 04, 2012, 01:23:49 PM
While reducing keepers might allow for the addition of another two teams, I think in order for it to be even remotely fair for the new teams we'd have to seriously rejigger the draft in some way.

Expansion draft could be done via :CF.  We set an earlier deadline (a week earlier should be good) for existing teams to designate their keepers.  The list of keepers is posted and the 2 newcomers get to draft from the remaining player pool.  2013 rookies would not be available in the "expansion draft" but a 2012 rookie could be drafted as a rookie keeper. 

So basically, 2 teams draft say 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 (2012) Rook and 1 TE/K/Def by alternating their picks and posting them on the board.  Coin flip or whatever can used to determine who gets the first pick.  Then we do the regular draft through Yahoo. 

The only real question at that point would be to decide on what their draft position would be in the Yahoo draft.  I'd vote on giving them the last 2 picks since they essentially got the 1st 2 picks during the expansion draft.   

QuoteMoney decisions need to be unanimous IMO.

Seems fair. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on September 04, 2012, 01:53:39 PM
Quote from: SunMo on September 04, 2012, 01:45:47 PM

Seconded. All positions are now flex starting next year.

So QB, K, Def are all Flex?  That's going to be fun. 

rjs246

All flex. Whichever 9 players you want to start every week from any position. It'll be so awesome. Maybe SunMo will finally win this league now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

no, i'm sure i'll have the best team once again and get screwed in the playoffs like usual.

rjs246

Definitely best. And definitely screwed.

Let them eat bootstraps.