Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

SD

I have a 2004 Toyota Camry, start it up this morning and there's a tapping/clicking noise coming from the dashboard. It's loud and annoying as all hell. I looked on some of their forums and it looks like it's a relay for ventilation but I can't pinpoint the exact cause. I'm at work so I haven't had the chance to looked into it further but has anyone had an issue with something like that?

Sgt PSN

Sold my Mustang today so I could be a toy hauler travel trailer.  I'm excited about the trailer but sad about having to give up the Mustang (I farging love that car).  Getting rid of it feels almost as bad as when I had to put my dog down.  Would have been fine with keeping the Mustang and financing the trailer but seeing as I'm out of a job in 3 months, it didn't seem like a sound fiscal decision.

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Must've been made by someone who got their ass whipped by one.

Tomahawk

I had just seen it on another message board right before I read Sassy's post. I think Mustangs are okay; it's just there's so farging many of them. To celebrate a new job I start June 4th that comes with a 43% raise, I'm going to buy a 2007 Merecedes E63 AMG...500+ hp nearly as much torque propelling a 4 door sedan 0-60 in 4.4 seconds and a quarter mile in 12.5.

Nothing against Mustangs, but as evidenced by by this car and my 1972 Buick Riviera, I like to go fast with class.

Sgt PSN

Nice ride. 

So I decided against selling my car.  At least for the amount that was offered.  I figured I'd save the hassle of selling privately by going to CarMax.  I was hoping for about $12k from them.  They appraised and offered me $10.5k.  I left the place with no intention of selling to them.  Same day I found the camper I wanted and I got the dealer down from $11k to $8900.  So at the moment I figured I'd just take the money from CarMax and buy the trailer.  I posted the same day, so technically I hadn't sold it yet but was going to take it back the next day to get the money.   

Then I looked on CarMax's website later that evening and searched for the same year and model Mustang and was seeing cars identical to mine with similar mileage (+/-5k) and they were listed anywhere between $15k - $17K. 

So I said farg that.  Not letting those dickbags make that much money off my baby.  If I'm selling it, I'm not sacrificing on the price....at least not that much. 

Sales guy is kind of pissed at me since I called him back and told him I was backing out of the deal for the trailer.  Can't say I blame him either. 

Dillen

I've needed to get new brakes for awhile, so I did that Friday. I was pretty pissed about it, but my girl's pops is a mechanic, so I just got him a nice bottle and only had to pay for the parts. My car's been pretty much perfect since I bought it 3 years ago. On the way to the shop, my transmission blew. Only at 100k miles. Motherfarger.

Sgt PSN

Avoid Aamco at all costs.

Tomahawk

The Aamco near me does an excellent job and only $800 to remove, rebuild (with shift kit), and reinstall a TH400

PhillyPhanInDC

Aamco can do a decent job with older non electric/computer controlled transmissions (TH400, 727s, etc.). It's when you start bringing them the newer front wheel drive transmissions or the computer controlled stuff that they go to shtein in a hurry. I'd avoid them for anything newer that 1990.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhanInDC

I've been thinking about starting another project. I think I am going to go with a 50s F100, and make it a rat rod. Thinking along the lines of something like this....

Seems they are pretty difficult to find....and for some reason everyone seems to dump small block Chevy's in them. I'd want to do a Y block or an old windsor.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on July 09, 2012, 11:29:41 AM
I've been thinking about starting another project. I think I am going to go with a 50s F100, and make it a rat rod. Thinking along the lines of something like this....

Seems they are pretty difficult to find....and for some reason everyone seems to dump small block Chevy's in them. I'd want to do a Y block or an old windsor.

Co-sign.

I'd love to do that. I love those trucks. A buddy of mine had a '55 Ford in high school with a 302 crammed in it.

SD

Quote from: Dillen on July 09, 2012, 12:09:02 AM
I've needed to get new brakes for awhile, so I did that Friday. I was pretty pissed about it, but my girl's pops is a mechanic, so I just got him a nice bottle and only had to pay for the parts. My car's been pretty much perfect since I bought it 3 years ago. On the way to the shop, my transmission blew. Only at 100k miles. Motherfarger.

Do you live in Philly? If you do my uncle owns the best transmission shop in the city. I used to build when I was a teenager, stay away from Aamco at all costs...they're crooks.

Tell them you're friends with Rocky's nephew Michael and they'll cut you a good deal: http://www.joepirrone.com/

Sgt PSN

Same uncle that does the drag racing, right?