Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SD on September 13, 2010, 04:29:08 AM
Anyone wanna buy a '98 Ford Ranger XLT

Maybe. Make with the W's. Where are you at?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD

PhillyPhanInDC

Is it a 4x4? Mileage, options?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Im digging that big time and in the market...what is that an 09? and did you add anything to that?

smeags

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 26, 2010, 05:03:02 PM
Unless you want to rebuild the engine with high performance parts, I wouldn't get anything past a '70. EPA started trying to make cars suck in '71 and full on succeeeded by 74 or 75

i thought 72 was the first year auto makers had to start choking the horsepower ?

seems this idea may be out the window anyway as Jr. wants to find SE-R spev V motor to do a swap on the '06 sentra.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on September 13, 2010, 03:14:42 PM
Is it a 4x4? Mileage, options?

Sorry I forgot all about this:

It's a white 98 Ford Ranger XLT with a duraliner bed, side steps and towing package, it's only a 4-cylinder but it drives like a 6. It has roughly 120,000 miles on it. I've owned it since 2000 (had 49,000 miles on it when I bought it). I just put a new master cylinder and 4 new ball joints on it. Other than that it's never given me a day of trouble. The windshield has a crack in the lower portion. Interior still looks good. Couple of minor dings and scratches with the paint but otherwise the body is in good condition. The rims are solid chrome.

Should also mention it's rear wheel drive, no 4X4. Bought it when I lived in SD to haul my mountain bikes around to different trails so I didn't need something that was good in bad weather.

smeags

so i took my nephew's WRX sti out for a spin a couple weeks ago and dayum. christ almighty that thing was fast. insane. well that wasn't fast enough for him it seems as he went out a traded that in for a brand new challenger srt-8 which he says much faster and an automatic. he found real quick how a stickdhift can be a pain in the ass while dealing with I-76.

Diomedes

A normal stick shift is fine.  A rocketship awd turbo charged hoonmobile stick shift, not so much.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on October 12, 2010, 01:03:49 PM
Im digging that big time and in the market...what is that an 09? and did you add anything to that?

2010....and no i didnt add anything....i absolutely love it and they are way cheaper than i thought they were before i started seriously shopping for it....i ended up getting it for 32

Rome

Obscure the license plate info, dummy.

Jesus.

ice grillin you

smeags

cause it would take all of 10 seconds for someone to run it and pull all of your personal info.

SD

Too late I already have access to Havas's fortune

rjs246

Quick, what's his mom's maiden name? I need to buy myself some buttered joints.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.