Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

I used this to install a Kenwood KDC-X993 in my 08' Dodge Ram. It was
easy to install and works perfectly. It keeps power to the head unit just like
it was from the factory. Pricey for what it is, but If you buy your head unit
through Crutchfield, they give you 50% off this harness. That's a sweet
deal IMO.

Whenever I do stereo shtein, I always use Crutchfieild. They charge a bit more, but their shtein is always delivered on time and works as advertised. Trust me to by the way, spend some extra coin if you can and get a decent head unit, not some POS Sony from Pep Boys.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

wow, if i buy the receiver on crutchfield, it gives me the mounting kit for free and the harness at half price.  boing.

ha, you beat me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

SunMo

i have no faith whatsoever though that i'll be able to install it.  still gonna pay for that

Tomahawk

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 07, 2010, 02:11:04 PM
have you thought about switching to 8 tracks? 

If anybody has any 8 tracks or knows anybody that has 8 tracks, I'm interested in buying them unless they're crappy bands

Seabiscuit36

i know my grandparents house has BOSTON and a bunch of other bands of the era, but they've been sitting in a garage and probably dont play or the magnetic strip is farged.  They look great though
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

Do they still want them?

Some tapes work, some don't, then others will play for a track or two before the tape snaps. Steppenwolf and Doobie Brothers are the only ones I have that play "great." I got my moneys worth with Led Zeppelins Houses of the Holy; because of the bleed through, it's almost like listening to two songs at once

Seabiscuit36

Gotta ask my dad, might be a while before i get up there, but ill see

in the mean time
http://www.8trackheaven.com/resource.html
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

I appreciate it and awesome link - thanks

Seabiscuit36

I've tried to use their indoor 8track player with those tapes, but the tape player doesnt want to work, probably a burned out fuse.  The tapes have been sitting in a garage for 30plus years, so they more than likely dont work.  At least that site has some great deals on tunes

Tomahawk

Looking through the sites, apparently Beastie Boys Licensed To Ill was released on 8 track. I'd probably pay $50 for a good working copy of that. In the meantime, I ordered:

AC/DC- Let There Be Rock; Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Aerosmith- Toys In The Attic
Beatles- The Rubber Soul
Black Sabbath- Heaven and Hell
Iron Butterfly- In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Kiss- Love Gun
Molly Hatchet- Beatin' The Odds
Pretenders
Steve Miller Band- Abracadabra
The Warriors- Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Gonna be some good cruisin'

Looking for an old BSA or BMW motorcycle, I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-RUSSIAN-MILITARY-2WD-MW-750-BMW-COPY_W0QQitemZ120557886200QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1c11cf5af8#v4-35

Sgt PSN

that looks like something the nazis used to hunt down jews in the forest. 

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

shorebird

I likes it. Reminds me of the OCC greenie.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger