Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: PPinDC on August 08, 2008, 01:59:00 PM...it screams pretty good (I raced my wife with her driving the 70 GS before the guy picked it up, and I stayed right on her quarter panel)

best wife ever

I'm gonna take her from you and stick you with mines
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

PPinDC - do you have a 350 GS or 455? Regardless, an invaluable source of information for me and the 72 Riv has been v8buick.com.

PhillyPhreak54

Amen, PP.

When I was reading your list, before I saw the pictures, I was just going to post "buy a farging Mustang".

I am slowly liking those body styles. Just like it took me awhile to like the SN-95's when they switched from the Fox body's. I still do not like the tail lights or the gauge cluster, but a nice black one like yours with a big blower on it would solve my problems in a heart beat.

Nothing is sweeter than the whistle of a blower/turbo or when the blowoff valve kicks in. I heard one the othet day at Tommie Vaughn Ford here in Houston camming its ass off.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Tomahawk on August 10, 2008, 09:53:32 AM
PPinDC - do you have a 350 GS or 455? Regardless, an invaluable source of information for me and the 72 Riv has been v8buick.com.
The '70 GS 455, with an auto, not a Stage 1 either. The 69 Convertible I held onto is a GS 400. As I said before somewhere in this thread, if you've got questions or need parts (I have about three 455 blocks, and a 400 somewhere), just let me know.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 10, 2008, 01:35:22 PM
Amen, PP.

When I was reading your list, before I saw the pictures, I was just going to post "buy a farging Mustang".

I am slowly liking those body styles. Just like it took me awhile to like the SN-95's when they switched from the Fox body's. I still do not like the tail lights or the gauge cluster, but a nice black one like yours with a big blower on it would solve my problems in a heart beat.

Nothing is sweeter than the whistle of a blower/turbo or when the blowoff valve kicks in. I heard one the othet day at Tommie Vaughn Ford here in Houston camming its ass off.

Long story short, the motherfarging dealer renigged. I had a price on the phone with the sales guy, and after I arrived. Went in to do the paperwork, and after a few minutes the guy comes over and apologizes, and states his sales manager rejected my then agreed upon offer, and had a counter offer. He refused to let me speak directly to the sales manager, so I told the guy to have his manager cram his counteroffer, and left. So now I am looking again for a car, which isn't as fun as when it used to be, dragging around the wife and my kid.
Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2008, 06:12:34 PM

Quote from: PPinDC on August 08, 2008, 01:59:00 PM...it screams pretty good (I raced my wife with her driving the 70 GS before the guy picked it up, and I stayed right on her quarter panel)

best wife ever

Nah, you just have make it easy for them. She basically just pointed it straight and mashed the throttle. Not like she's any good at it mind you, she smoked the ass end for a good thirty feet.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Susquehanna Birder

Ow...that sucks. But the good news is that with gas prices as they are, there are quite a few of 'em around.

SD_Eagle5

RIP my clutch

Trucks on the way to my Uncle's shop.

Susquehanna Birder

I finally gave in and reprogrammed my Stang to factory settings, and then reprogrammed it again to use 87 octane gas. Sigh. If it gets too bad, I'm going back to retuning and running 93.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PPinDC on August 11, 2008, 07:48:08 AM

Long story short, the motherfarging dealer renigged. I had a price on the phone with the sales guy, and after I arrived. Went in to do the paperwork, and after a few minutes the guy comes over and apologizes, and states his sales manager rejected my then agreed upon offer, and had a counter offer. He refused to let me speak directly to the sales manager, so I told the guy to have his manager cram his counteroffer, and left. So now I am looking again for a car, which isn't as fun as when it used to be, dragging around the wife and my kid.

Damn, that sucks dude. What was his counter offer? Was it laugh out loud high or just enough to piss you off. I would have done what you did, even if it was 500 higher. Walk out on principle.

Those scrotes had a locked in sale and let it walk. 19K at whatever profit margin is better than 0K at no margin.

So will you be on the lookout for another one?

Perhaps there are Mustang Dealers only in the area? We have one here in Houston and there was one up in the Killeen area when I lived there.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on August 13, 2008, 04:57:01 PM
I finally gave in and reprogrammed my Stang to factory settings, and then reprogrammed it again to use 87 octane gas. Sigh. If it gets too bad, I'm going back to retuning and running 93.

Really? I didn't even know that could be done. How'd you do that?

Susquehanna Birder

http://www.sctflash.com/X3.php

It looks like the one I had (X2) isn't on there any more (it's been updated to the X3 apparently), but the ones they have do the same kind of thing.

Tomahawk

The axle in the Riviera broke. As much as it sucks, I have a '72 Riv GS as one of my parts car so I'll be upgrading to a 3.42 posi (it was 2.93 open) a lot sooner than I planned. Everybody tells me swapping axles drum to drum isn't a big deal and could be done in an hour, but I'll be happy to get it done in five.

Will the new torque-ier rear snap my axle? As far as I can tell, the GSs used the exact same TH400 so I hope not.

Rome

In between rain storms I took a test ride on one of these today.  It's the Aprilia Shiver 750 SL.

Holy farging shtein.

I put a down payment on it and had the dealer hold it until Monday when my credit union opens.

shorebird

Prolly' gets 50 miles to the gallon.

Diomedes

and, wisely, is terribly uncomfortable for a passenger
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on August 24, 2008, 12:24:02 AM
and, wisely, is terribly uncomfortable for a passenger

Saw this t-shirt on someone at the airport once, if I ever buy a bike I'm gonna get one: