Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Glad to hear it.  I wouldn't powdercoat ATV wheels myself, since they take a real beating.  But what do I know?

Nothing.  Not a single farging thing.

In other news, a friend with too many motobikes to keep in his place (and a wife from whom he needs to hide them) recently dropped off an '87 XR200 at another friend's house, for our use as much as we like.  What fun.  I've ridden motocross bikes exactly three times in my life, counting when I was a very young child and rode one 40 ft straight into a tree.
What a blast.  I absolutely love the sensation of the bike sliding around under me through the corners...the drift out until it hooks up is farging great. 

My neck spine no likey though...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

ha last time i was on one i trapped the throttle, hit the power band and ended up on my back....those bikes are waaaay too quick
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

lots of glory holes in that place, you'll have a blast.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Diomedes on May 16, 2008, 07:14:41 AM
Glad to hear it.  I wouldn't powdercoat ATV wheels myself, since they take a real beating.  But what do I know?

Nothing.  Not a single farging thing.

In other news, a friend with too many motobikes to keep in his place (and a wife from whom he needs to hide them) recently dropped off an '87 XR200 at another friend's house, for our use as much as we like.  What fun.  I've ridden motocross bikes exactly three times in my life, counting when I was a very young child and rode one 40 ft straight into a tree.
What a blast.  I absolutely love the sensation of the bike sliding around under me through the corners...the drift out until it hooks up is farging great. 

My neck spine no likey though...

I used to ride that stuff all the time. I only rode street when I had to. Hills, jumps, loose dirt...that was the shtein to me. Damn, I miss those days.

Diomedes

Do any of you geniuses have experience getting a new title issued?  I was given an old motorcycle to which the owner does not have a title.  No chance this pile of crap is hot..it's just got so little value that the last couple times it changed hands, the title didn't follow and I have no idea who the original owner is. 

I plan to make the thing run and sell it for a couple hundred extra bucks...or if it's not worth that, bob it out or something.  Either way, I need a title.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

It's a really complicated process but here's the easiest way to go about it.

1.  Apply for a new title.

2.  Pay for title.

3.  Recieve new title.

4.  Don't lose new title. 

You should be able to do it at the local DMV or wherever it is you have to go to title a vehicle.

Was the bike manufactured before 1980?  Because it wasn't until the early 80's that the US started using the started 17 digit VIN which would probably make it harder to track the bike's history.....thus easier for you to get a new title. 

Diomedes

Hey thanks funholeface.

One more question...apply for a new title where??   A company that does this stuff, or the MVA?

Sgt PSN

See above.  Looks like I was editing my post to answer your question while you were in the middle of asking it. 

PhillyPhreak54

So I go out this morning to take out my trash and my drivers side window is gone. I am a little perplexed and I look around at the other cars to see if they have been broken into. Nothing.

At first I am mad because it seems like someone targeted my truck only. I have nothing to steal in there. I have learned my lesson in the past of leaving anything worthwhile inside.

So I look inside my truck and there is no broken glass, much to my surprise. Not one piece. Did aliens steal my window? Nope. Its down in the door, like it was rolled down. I use the button to try to raise it up and nothing happens.

So I guess it just fell down off the mechanism that holds it up and rolls it up. farging weird. Now I have to take it to Ford to get fixed. On a Saturday, where I dont think the service depts are open. And it rains about every day here.

Diomedes

Dude...get out your toolbox and do it yourself.  WTF?  Should take only a screwdriver, maybe a socket set.  The panel comes off easy I'm sure.

You have a service book for the truck?

PhillyPhreak54

I know how to do it. I have done it numerous times on the Mustangs. But I am supposed to go to San Antonio today and I dont feel like farging with it. Plus, if something is wrong and needs to be fixed it is under warranty and will be fixed for free.

Its weird, I have never seen this happen before. Unless someone tried to force the window down by hand and broke something in there. But never have I seen it just fall down and get stuck just for the sake of it falling down.

Diomedes

Okay, well good luck.  Sucks to be you today.

Rome

Went and checked out a new bike today.  Looking at the Triumph Bonneville T100 but I can't find a dealer down here who will farging play ball price-wise.

I went to the douches in Daytona and they were willing to sell it at list price but then tried to tack on another $1,600 in dealer fees and extra bullshtein.  Pass on that.

Still a nice frigging ride, though.  The Ducati Monster was a badass ride too but I didn't like the riding position much.  Too far forward for this old man.

Diomedes

I hear the roads down there are all straight and flat, which sounds like motorcycling hell to me.  Do you have any twisties?  Or any shade?