"I'll be there," says Owens.

Started by Diomedes, July 22, 2005, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 28, 2005, 05:37:23 PM
Jason Whitlock sides with TO, yet he offers no thorough or reasonable resolution to contract issues in the NFL.

Basically another POS from a POS page 2 writer, in case you haven't seen enough already.

Are you really surprised that he's siding with T.O. and the rest of the poor, unfortunate millionaires who play a kid's game?

Pfft... he's probably just pimping himself out so that some illiterate dumbass will agree to have his biography shadow-written by him.

:-D

Seabiscuit36

PFT had a pretty good point today about ESPN and Garbers POS article and how the analyst on espn.com are siding with T.O.....IT all =   Controversy and more viewer either TV or Internet. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yep.  When the holdout was "fresh" the reporters couldn't wait to dog T.O.  Then, when they saw the end nearing, they all started to side with him to extend the media circus.

T_Section224

QuoteConsidering the size of Kemp's family, the $107 million deal he eventually got might not have been enough.
best line ever!
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

Just an FYI, on DNL...Les (never sides with TO) Bowen was saying that to be fair, TO's comments about his family were taken out of context. He never said I need to FEED my family, he said he wants to take care of his family. ANd then he went on to list the fact that TO has a grandmother who needs 24/7/365 nursing care, he takes care of his mother, siblings and his son. The money will be for his kid's college, his grandkids lives in the future, etc. The whole "Feed his family" thing was the media blowing up what he said.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

the reason the media is moving more towards TO is not to keep the thing going but because these guys realize they might have to actually face TO now and they are shteinting their pants at the prospect

he aint in atlanta anymore dorothy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

I have a hard time believing that's the motivation.

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 29, 2005, 08:57:22 AM
the reason the media is moving more towards TO is not to keep the thing going but because these guys realize they might have to actually face TO now and they are shteinting their pants at the prospect

he aint in atlanta anymore dorothy

What's TO going to do? Not give interviews? Punch them? Why the farg would they be shteinting their pants?

ice grillin you

because reporters for the most part are bed wetting cowards
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

TexasEagle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 29, 2005, 08:22:37 AM
Just an FYI, on DNL...Les (never sides with TO) Bowen was saying that to be fair, TO's comments about his family were taken out of context. He never said I need to FEED my family, he said he wants to take care of his family. ANd then he went on to list the fact that TO has a grandmother who needs 24/7/365 nursing care, he takes care of his mother, siblings and his son. The money will be for his kid's college, his grandkids lives in the future, etc. The whole "Feed his family" thing was the media blowing up what he said.

That doesn't really make the statement make anymore sense. So the 25+ mil he's already made from his years in the league are gone or something? Sorry but I'm still having trouble grapsing that fact that his family already won't have to work a day for the rest of their lives and yet he still needs more money.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reid in current PC:

"I expect T.O. to be here, and I expect him to help us win a Super Bowl.  Anything else, we'll take day by day.  ... If there's a problem (with Donovan and T.O.), I'm sure they'll get together and work it out, but I don't know of a problem there other than what the agent's saying..."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Neither Rosenhaus nor Owens told Reid T.O. wouldn't go to training camp.  He has no reason to currently believe that T.O. will not report.  etc etc

PhillyGirl

QuoteREID ON T.O.: EVERYTHING IS O.K.

July 29, 2005
By ZACH BERMAN

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- There was enough going on with the Eagles that for the first time in awhile, Terrell Owens didn't lead the stories on Friday. When he was addressed in head coach Andy Reid's press conference Friday, there were no frills. No surprises.

The position is the same it's been all summer: Coach Reid expects Owens to be at training camp and pick up where he left off.

"I expect T.O. to come in and be T.O," Reid said. "We expect him to come in and help us win a Super Bowl. It's that simple. That's the way I'm going to approach it. We're going to take it day-by-day."

Reid said he spoke with Owens three days ago, and they were open with each other. He didn't go into details about the extent of the conversation and refused to engage in speculation about the nature of any of the claims widely publicized by the media during the offseason.

In fact, Reid went as far as saying that neither Owens - nor his agent - directly insisted that the Pro Bowl receiver was going to miss training camp. Reid also put to rest any speculation about a supposed rift between Owens and quarterback Donovan McNabb.

"If there is a problem, they'll work it out," Reid said. "I've talked to those guys and there doesn't seem to be a magnified problem there. I'm sure they'll get together and talk about those issues - if there are any
."

There were also published reports in the past few weeks about defensive tackle Corey Simon's status. The defensive tackle was designated with the team's franchise player tag during the offseason. Simon has yet to sign the franchise tender. Reid hasn't spoken with Simon recently, and that's as much as he said about the situation.

Reid is eager to begin training camp. He insists none of the offseason chatter will have an effect on the Eagles.

"We have a good nucleus of players that have been here for awhile," Reid said. "They understand what we're all about and trying to accomplish. They don't get fazed by much. They'll be rocks, go out there and do their jobs and the young guys will follow."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Reid is the farging man. All will cower in his presence.  :bow

TexasEagle

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 29, 2005, 09:30:27 PM
Reid is the farging man. All will cower in his presence. :bow

Especially if they're between him and buffet...

:paranoid