The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

i have no idea who that is...proud to be out of the loop on sports radio

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

RIP NY Times sports section
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

breen-doc-doris is the new top team for espn

the league didnt love jvg but loves doris and doc. tv deals are up in a few years. billions at stake. this is the world we live in.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Ngl, I miss Cuz yelling "play the song!" At Choonis with the Phils making the playoffs
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

monumental sports media news: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/warner-fox-espn-streaming-spots-joint-venture-1235900161/

95% of all sports content is going to be housed on this app. youre missing whatever cbs and nbc have, and thats it. the question is #1 price and #2 what happens to espn+ and the sports tier of hbomax

Don Ho

Wife went to Spectrum yesterday and went through all our needless channels we pay for, how can we bundle some stuff, and he asks her "what about dropping all these sports channels?"  She looked at him like "go ask my husband and son that question?  Do you like need your testicles in the near future?"  Love that woman!

Yes, $1MM question what will the cost be on this new venture?

QuoteThe signals are that it's going to be priced well over general entertainment streamers like Netflix or Max, which are under $20/month, but less than internet pay-TV packages like Hulu + Live TV or YouTube TV (which cost around $75 to $80/month).

Ex-Fox Sports Networks president Bob Thompson told USA Today he expects it to cost more than $40 per month. Analysts at LightShed Partners predict the bundle will carry a $35/month initial price point, going up to $40 in year two. Under a prorated revenue-sharing scheme, Disney would receive about $20 per sub per month of the initial total fees, while Fox would get $8 and Turner would receive $4, the analysts wrote.

But if you add up the distribution fees for ABC, Fox, ESPN and the other cable networks, it suggests the bundle will have to carry a retail price of at least $50 per month, according to Morgan Stanley's Ben Swinburne.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.