NFL Draft 2006

Started by Diomedes, March 23, 2006, 09:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

link

QuoteRadio City Music Hall to host 2006 NFL Draft
NEW YORK (March 22, 2006) -- The 71st NFL Draft  on April 29-30 will be held for the first time at New York City's Radio City Music Hall, a world-renowned setting normally showcasing musicians, Santa Claus and the Rockettes, the NFL and Madison Square Garden announced.

Held in New York City since 1965, the NFL Draft will be televised nationally by ESPN, and -- for the first time -- NFL Network.

The NFL Draft begins at noon on Saturday, April 29 and is free to the public.

more at link.

I've gone to the draft for the last three years (sort of.)

In '03, it was the first time I ever went and I didn't actually get in.  I didn't know what I was doing and got there way too late to be admitted  in the first group.  I didn't want to hang around waiting for people to leave so I could rotate in.  People do stand waiting to be allowed in as the place starts to empty out around dinner time.

It was still at MSG in '04 when I showed up on time and got in.  I saw Manning get drafted first, and booed by Giants fans.  He was such a shteinhead up there on stage.  Then the trade with San Diego was announced and it was instantly evident to the crowd that the Giants had just been robbed and the boos were mixed with laughing and trash talking.  It was a blast.

Then in 05 the draft moved to the Javits center because MSG is owned by Cablevision, who were competing at the time against the Jets for the land where the Jets stadium was going to be on the west side.  That deal fell through.  And the draft in '05 sucked because not as many people could get in to the Javits Center as the theater at MSG.  They crowded you into a convention floor with some promotional displays and Campbells soup freebies, had some TVs and tables...and all the VIPs got into the actual draft room.  I did manage to get J.Vilma's autograph for a friend's 8 year old Jet fan kid.  That was alright.  Eventually I got in to the draft room at the end of the day, but it was lame to just sit watching tvs with people for most of the day.  And of course..no beer.  They don't serve during the draft.  Idiots.

This year, it's at Radio City Music Hall, which is far cooler than both the Javits Center and MSG.  I'll probably go again.

If anyone wants to meet me there, don't get your hopes up.  You guys are farging losers.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Sounds like a good time. I didn't even realize it was at the Javits center last year, but like you said, Radio City is a much better place. Not only is it better inside, it's in a better location (at least from a touristy point of view).

Represent, Dio!

Diomedes

May 1st we go live on the SAP implementation I've been working on, so the only thing that will keep me from attending will be if I have to work through the weekend.

If I do go, I'll be sure to finally buy a :CF shirt and wear it to the draft.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

No beer? I'll watch it from my couch, thanks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

the NFL draft would be the perfect background entertainment during a poker game
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

NOW you're talking. I actually can't imagine a more perfect combination. Unless maybe you toss a few bikini clad hookers giving massages while I booze and play cards.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

why the farg would they have bikinis on?  fag.

rjs246

I gotta be able to concentrate on taking your money. And the bottom of my beer bottle.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm just guessing here, but you wouldn't have to concentrate that hard to take Sun's money.

SunMo

i'm mired in mediocrity when it comes to poker

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yep, I had to figure as much.

SunMo

but that doesn't mean my money is easy to take.  i hit some big and lose some big.

and i play tighter than prom night snatch.

rjs246

But wait! Prom night snatch isn't tight at all! I'm so confused.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, that reference didn't jive with my experience with prom night snatch either.

SunMo

due to the corruption of our youth from TV, movies, video games, etc... that saying may not be applicable anymore.

in retrospect...

I play tighter than 3rd grade snatch.