Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 24, 2020, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: AO1 on April 24, 2020, 09:05:35 PM
Part of me is holding out hope they're flipping him to the Jags for Ngawouke but I think we would have heard rumblings by now

Now that is interesting!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on April 24, 2020, 09:09:05 PM
Even if he is the next Taysom Hill that novelty on offense isn't worth a 2nd round pick/backup

exactly, which is why they took him to be the starter. or at least this is a possible scenario. then its worth it...but you better be right that hes going to be SPECIAL and yea 0 people think this.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 09:08:45 PMyou know its actually a worse pick if they took him to be their future starting QB over carson wentz than if they did for trick play offense reasons?

theoretically you are never wrong to take a qb should that qb turn out to be really good. will hurts be really good? no. but they obviously seem to think so.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

HE CANNOT PLAY QB IN THE NFL

he could barely play it in college
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Great, we have 43 more picks to sit through
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 09:13:43 PM

you should tell the gm of the eagles

wrong jew
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2020, 09:12:34 PM
Quote from: AO1 on April 24, 2020, 09:09:05 PM
Even if he is the next Taysom Hill that novelty on offense isn't worth a 2nd round pick/backup

exactly, which is why they took him to be the starter. or at least this is a possible scenario. then its worth it...but you better be right that hes going to be SPECIAL and yea 0 people think this.

honest question who said he was going to be special at anything?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2020, 09:16:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2020, 09:13:43 PM

you should tell the gm of the eagles

wrong jew

this jew said this

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2020, 08:56:28 PM
it makes perfect sense....wentz isnt making another contract

they are going to get 2-3 more years out him then move to hurts.

MDS

nobody

didnt mean you as in marginassi...you as in anybody

nobody takes a qb in the 2nd round to be a 1 contract backup/trade bait and gimmick player. they are drafted to be starters. i dont know how else to look at this.

Eagaholic

Quote from: AO1 on April 24, 2020, 09:04:11 PM
So we addressed punt returner and back up qb so far...guess we're taking a long snapper in the 3rd
That's the secret plan why they drafted Hurts. He's also going to be the long snapper. Dual threat. Hope this is all coming together for everyone now.

MDS

i take back everything. the eagles are going to reinvent football

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2020, 09:21:06 PM
nobody

didnt mean you as in marginassi...you as in anybody

nobody takes a qb in the 2nd round to be a 1 contract backup/trade bait and gimmick player. they are drafted to be starters. i dont know how else to look at this.

i know you didnt mean me im saying it it was you that said its a defensible maybe even a good pick if hes a carson replacement which is ludicrous

Rome

The only scenario that makes sense is they've either given up on AO1 and will use Hurts as his replacement or they took him for someone else. 

I mean it's insane in every possible sense of the word, but it is plausible.

If Howie picked him as a gimmick, then he gotta go. 

SD

This sums it up nicely
Quoteeaglesb_logo.gif Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Hurts, QB, Alabama - O'BRIEN- Grade 
What the hell is this? Unless the Eagles have a trade lined up where they can ship Jalen Hurts, this makes absolutely no sense, and I think Howie Roseman has lost his mind. There's no reason to take a quarterback here, period, with Carson Wentz not even in his prime yet. And yet, this is a major reach. Jalen Hurts' ceiling is very low, so he should've been a fourth-round pick. This is the worst pick of the draft so far unless a trade is pending.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagles plan to try to win games 42-40

Defense? For who? For what?