Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

I am really looking forward to that did not realize it is out.  hasn't been a good zombie movie in a long time.

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 04, 2021, 11:07:27 PM
I haven't watched 61* since it came out but it's on HBOMax so I put it on.

Herc and Frank Sobotka are in it

Herc plays Moose Skowron and Sobotka Bob Cerv

I don't think I've seen a tv show or movie without herc in it in years.

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on May 25, 2021, 12:02:31 PM
I am really looking forward to that did not realize it is out.  hasn't been a good zombie movie in a long time.

Army of the Dead looks like fun and is definitely the only kind of movie Zach Snyder should be allowed to make.

I really liked Train to Busan and The Girl with All the Gifts but those two exceptions aside, I agree that the zombie thing oversaturated the culture and got totally played out.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Bloody nose, empty pockets - a faux documentary about a Vegas bars final night and the underbelly of society that hangs there...just masterfully done and very moving

7.5/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

are documentaries with famous actors doing reenactments a thing now?

I'd never seen one now have seen two good ones in the last 24 hrs...I'm still not sure if I like the idea

Framing John delorean - Alec Baldwin plays the famous car dood...I knew a tiny bit about the coke but literally nothing else about him...in fact I thought he was foreign...so I learned a lot and was mostly entertained -

7/10

Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal - Matthew modine plays Rick singer the mastermind behind this scandal...guy who made it also made that doc about the fraudulent music festival...I enjoyed this one a little more cause all the re-enactments were taken verbatim from wire taps and court documents

8/10

phattymatty

Documentaries with famous actors reenacting the story are called movies.  Some douches may also call them films.

ice grillin you

these are 100% docs...just like any other doc with re-enactments...but instead of no name actors these are with famous doods...I wonder if it had something to do with no work to be found for much of covid so they made a few of these

the delorean one is especially weird cause Baldwin does interviews as himself and talks about what it's like to play delorean all the while they are also showing real footage interviewing the real people who were involved and reporters and biographers who wrote about him

MDS

the delorean one was pre covid

the varsity blues one was basically made because its covid
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

last paragraph from an article about Amazon's purchase of MGM:

QuoteThe deal also comes with an unusual wrinkle. Mark Burnett, the veteran producer of "The Apprentice," sold a majority stake in his company to MGM seven years ago as he took a position with the company. It is not clear if Burnett retained rights to the show's library. If he didn't, this would now potentially put hundreds of hours of raw footage of Donald Trump in Amazon's hands.

ha..

Come on Bezos, drop the N-word tapes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on May 27, 2021, 07:22:07 AM
last paragraph from an article about Amazon's purchase of MGM:

QuoteThe deal also comes with an unusual wrinkle. Mark Burnett, the veteran producer of "The Apprentice," sold a majority stake in his company to MGM seven years ago as he took a position with the company. It is not clear if Burnett retained rights to the show's library. If he didn't, this would now potentially put hundreds of hours of raw footage of Donald Trump in Amazon's hands.

ha..

Come on Bezos, drop the N-word tapes.

Why so his popularity can grow?

Diomedes

Fine with me.  I prefer the enemy to be easily identifiable.  It's a real nuisance when no one shows their colors.

Let the aggrieved white people of America, for whom a 400 year head start wasn't good enough, be tied ever more clearly to a racist, retrograde abortion of a man.  The future is not with them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

It's not a secret who's a racist...they're easily identifiable. He'd lose some support and maybe some donors but it would embolden his supporters. He'd save face by saying it's fake audio and his supporters would come up with some wacko conspiracy theory so they can use confirmation bias to continue to support him.

Diomedes

I'm not saying it would end his political career, or cause his base to forsake him. 

I'm saying it would be great to have him on tape throwing the n word around.

Anything that makes it more clear, that makes it harder for people to support him or countenance his supporters...is good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 27, 2021, 08:48:53 AM
It's not a secret who's a racist...they're easily identifiable. He'd lose some support and maybe some donors but it would embolden his supporters. He'd save face by saying it's fake audio and his supporters would come up with some wacko conspiracy theory so they can use confirmation bias to continue to support him.

it would mostly be well why can black people say it or Hillary Biden super predator!! whataboutism

phattymatty

Army of the Dead was good.  A few fun twists on the zombie genre.  I fell asleep like twice and had to rewind, which is not the sign of a great movie, but I was also unbelievably hungover.   Zombie tiger.