Divisional - Giants: Feel It In The Air

Started by MDS, January 15, 2023, 08:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If the defense shows up tonight they'll kill the Giants.

34-17 sounds right. 

ice grillin you

they are better at every position on the field cept running back and qb...hurtz had a better year but im not sure hes a better QB and he definitely isnt if hes still banged up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Thought you'd be all over the eagles in this one.

Last time they met in the divisional round we got one of your favorite all time Philly sports moments.

PhillyPhreak54

It was a lock that somehow Havas is in the Daniel Jones over Hurts corner.

ice grillin you

i mean DJ is better right now for sure...doesn't mean he will be better tonite...i know the sample size is tiny but i need to see hurtz have good nfl playoff game before i believe he can...hes about the only reason they can lose tonite

should be noted he was brutal in almost every big game he ever played in college

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 21, 2023, 12:12:34 PM
i mean DJ is better right now for sure...doesn't mean he will be better tonite...i know the sample size is tiny but i need to see hurtz have good nfl playoff game before i believe he can...hes about the only reason they can lose tonite

should be noted he was brutal in almost every big game he ever played in college

As much as I admire the borderline trolling I sort of have to agree with havas here...Hurts needs to put up or shut up. I don't want to hear about his shoulder or any other bullshtein. They should win this game at home coming off a bye. Unless the defense completely shteins the bed and gives up a 40 spot this games on him. You wanna be the man...you wanna get paid...this is Hurts time to shine.

ice grillin you

this is circling around hurtz again but turnovers could be another way to lose...but i also woke up this morning absolutely terrified of a miles sanders fumble or two

QB Eagles

Eagles offense should be spamming Goedert against that weak second level of the Giants defense and their blitz-happy DC. If they lose and Goedert has like 3 touches I'm going to be pissed at Steichen and Sirianni.

On the defensive side please just let the secondary sit in man. Eagles should win those matchups 80%+ of the time.

SD

I don't care the opponent they need to go back to running the ball. They've went back to a majority passing team. I'm hoping that was because Hurts was out. Best thing that could happen tonight is a long early Hurts run. Show defensive coordinators they need to concentrate on that aspect of the birds offense. I have a bad feeling they're going to just try to throw the ball early and often, then once that fails they'll go back to the run.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on January 21, 2023, 02:44:06 PM
Best thing that could happen tonight is a long early Hurts run.

I think the Giants D will want to test Hurts' willingness and capacity to run and take hits on the first drive, so you may get your wish.

PhillyPhreak54

I do not disagree with put up or shut up for Hurts. Hell that applies to everyone really. But this playoff run is a stage for him to either cement himself in that upper tier or he sinks.

I'm sure he's not exactly 100 but he should be close enough. And having Lane back is huge. Ideally he's good enough to hold up on his island by himself so the interior can make sure Lawrence isn't wrecking shop.

The RPO game has to be on point. Designed runs have to be sprinkled in too.  The Giants will have to be close to the line to control that and that could leave some shots wide open.

I could see Quez getting himself a long one. And if the Giants get blitz happy Goedert could and should have 7+ catches.

My worry lies with Gannon and his calls tonight. I'm expecting a ton of zone. And I would like to see White spying Jones.

Best thing is the Eagles jump out to a big lead obviously

SD

If I had to guess:
1st play either slant pattern to Brown or some kind of sideline route like an out pattern to Smith. They'll keep throwing the ball until that fails.

2nd drive they'll run a bit but still throw too much

3rd drive they'll run to start. Then throw that TE screen to Goedert to open up the offense a bit

After that they'll hopefully keep running the ball

Eagaholic

I think something happens in the game that will be "historic" just like in all the other NFL games this year.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds