2023 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 13, 2022, 05:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

lol todd mcshay is on all the epsn shows today cause he released his first mock draft...and on every show he is legit angry at eagles fans who have apparently been destroying him over him having the birds take a running back at 5...its so funny how legit mad he is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

It's been forty years, how long must we suffer before this team drafts another RB in the first round?

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

I tend to think all NFL mocks have zero value, but in this case there is some minor value in McShay being exposed as someone who doesn't even have a passing familiarity with how the Eagles operate.

SD

A complete assanine mock pick.

Here's my question: Young, Stroud and Levis are probably going top 5, let's say the Birds are in a position to take Will Anderson or Jalen Carter, but a team offers a shtein ton of picks to move up for a qb...do you take the shtein ton of picks or select two potentially generational talents.

General_Failure

I can't imagine them not trading back.

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on December 13, 2022, 06:57:59 PM
A complete assanine mock pick.

Here's my question: Young, Stroud and Levis are probably going top 5, let's say the Birds are in a position to take Will Anderson or Jalen Carter, but a team offers a shtein ton of picks to move up for a qb...do you take the shtein ton of picks or select two potentially generational talents.

i think it depends on who is making the offer, what their 2023 1st is and the projection for the 2024 1st. if this is, say, the patriots or jets trying to climb up to get a qb i would not do that because their 1's figure to have less value. if this is the colts i do it in a heartbeat.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

He should be ridiculed.

Nobody...not the Eagles or even the dumbest teams...should take a RB that high. Ever.

PhillyPhreak54

Will Anderson and Jalen Carter are the targets.

Need the Saints to keep on losing

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 13, 2022, 07:32:06 PM
He should be ridiculed.

Nobody...not the Eagles or even the dumbest teams...should take a RB that high. Ever.

the last top 20 rb was saquon in 2018....in the four drafts since then three rb have gone anywhere in the first round

Diomedes

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on December 13, 2022, 06:57:59 PM...do you take the shtein ton of picks or select two potentially generational talents.

If you get enough draft capital, I think there's an opportunity for a team to establish a kind of perpetual draft pick generator by drafting well when they do pick, and trading out for more when they don't pick, to the point that after three or four years, there are so many picks in hand that they can just draft as normal AND trade for future picks, creating a long term/permanent windfall of picks. 

If for example the Eagles just decided not to use this Saints pick on a player, but instead to trade it out for the greatest haul possible, and then to use THOSE picks in the same way...you're only one more cycle on top of that away from having free draft picks year on year for basically  ever...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

so much can still happen with the standings but as of now indy is the team to target...after flaming out on getting veteran qb's the last few years and with the erratic owner i think they carry a high rape potential...the problem is they wouldnt be moving up that far which limits the price...ideally youd want someone to move up from 10-15 for the pick...someone like atlanta perhaps

of course you are minimizing the impact of your own first round player by doing that but if you are looking for the biggest possible haul thats what youd root for

QB Eagles

That day, we will witness Howie at the height of his powers.

General_Failure

I think the obvious move is to draft the RB, then trade him for a million players and picks, setting you up for three super bowls. And later, long after the RB has retired, he humiliates himself in an election because of all the brain damage.

ice grillin you

olave and landry jones both out this week...was looking at the saints depth chart and i have never heard of their next 3 wr's who combined have 98 career nfl receptions

SD

Arrest warrant says there's video of him wreckless drag racing and fleeing the scene. Deceased driver had a blood alcohol content of .197.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1630939605007572993 20

Maybe he drops to 10, Lurie can unretire 99 and slap that on him