Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, August 30, 2022, 11:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

yes bummed, but like Seamalu/White/Edwards not end of the world. Replacable. CJGJ - three teams in 3 years????  says something.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Why do I get the feeling Jalen Mills is coming back

PhillyPhreak54

Did Tenny cut Byard yet? He'd be the guy for me to want them to get

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 19, 2023, 10:33:06 PM
Did Tenny cut Byard yet? He'd be the guy for me to want them to get

Haven't seen anything official...there are a bunch of half decent safeties still available (Johnson, Amos, Rapp). Howie added cjgj and bradberry late last season so I'm confident they'll bring someone in.

QB Eagles

Fourth best player in the Eagles secondary last year. Fine player, but overrated because he lucked into an interception total he will never match again, and because fans liked his icehole energy. Would be better to have him back than not, but this is not a big deal. Eagles value safety and linebacker somewhere below long snapper.

QB Eagles

The Eagles offer was supposedly $12M per year on a multiyear johnson. That's the right number imho. High stakes gamble on himself to accept a one year prove-it deal for substantially less. Who knows, maybe it'll pay off for him, but it seems dumb.

PhillyPhreak54

Judging by the agents talking shtein on twitter last night - sounds like they know they farged up too

Rome

How will they ever get a safety with two first round picks in a few weeks?!?

MDS

the agents are claiming the $$ was mainly in year 3 and couldve been voided...bla bla bla probably multiple things going on here.

they def overvalued cj but the eagles werent dying to have him back. they were cool with a lower risk, less guaranteed $$ type of deal they could get out of if cj didnt get any better this year. he rejected the deal, they pivoted to JB and slay and didnt have any cap allocation left for a safety.

i feel like cj is a fine player but the turnover productivity is unreplicateable and he seems like a lot to deal with. good luck in detroit young brotha.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

He's a safety.  He's a good player but you can't pay everyone.  I'm way happier they resigned Bradberry.  And agents are gonna leak that stupid shtein every time they fail to secure a deal for their clients.  It's never their fault. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on March 20, 2023, 12:06:10 PM
How will they ever get a safety with two first round picks in a few weeks?!?

Not sure they've ever taken a safety in the first round and I doubt they are going to start now. Also I doubt there's a safety in this entire draft you can plug in and assume decent starter level production in year 1. But it'll be fine, they'll add someone, and they probably don't think it's a disaster even if Blankenship is back there. Mid level of the defense is going to be their weakness again next year and that's where they have chosen to be weak.

SD

PhillyPhreak54