FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I watched a lot of the ABC coverage of the first two nights, won't be watching anything today. 

One piece of reality that's on full display and no one says "boo" about is these draft rooms are chock full of White guys.  Old ones, young ones, middle age ones.  Football players, data dweebs, largely White....in a sport with what, 70% black players for what, the last 35 years?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

MDS

Quote from: MDS on January 10, 2010, 10:53:36 PM

12 years later im still anti semitic...nice

anyway i cannot believe howie is only 46
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone shocked by him getting extended is dumb. As long as Lurie is alive Howie is there too

ice grillin you

i mean he was fired as GM once but yeah once he won the SB he got a lifetime contract
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

No doubt. Plus that one year when he was exiled to a windowless office counting rolls of tape I'm sure Jeff felt bad and vowed he'd never be Howieless again

Munson

https://twitter.com/crossingbroad/status/1588333867886612480 46&t=2jeRKInUWBNY5bVO4KI0Mg

Lmao respect for Howie just went up immensely
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein that's fantastic

Diomedes

here's the sign he was responding to

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

General_Failure

Okay but farg him if they don't get a ring this year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I probably won't get it, but I'm looking forward to deeper treatment of this tampering settlement between the Cardinals and Eagles.

Has a violation of tampering regulations ever been resolved before by a trade (of draft picks, or any other asset) between the teams?

Is there a precedent for the teams concerned finding a resolution to a tampering claim on their own?

Who decides the penalties for rules violations, the league, or the offending and injured parties themselves?

Howie appears to have turned a phone call into Value.  Eagles got pick #66 in return for pick #94, and a 2024 5th round pick.  I don't have a draft chart value calculator, but I think I'm safe to assume that's pretty substantial compensation for .... a phone call.

Rome

The Cards self-reported, so that's probably why Daddy Goodell gave them the chance to work it out with the Birds.  The 66 is worth 260 points and 94 is worth 124, so regardless of the fifth, the Eagles won that deal. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on April 28, 2023, 10:52:52 AM
The 66 is worth 260 points and 94 is worth 124, so regardless of the fifth, the Eagles won that deal. 

So you're saying the Eagles won a deal they forced the Cardinals to make?