Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Drew Storen signed for $750k

ice grillin you

if he makes the team....which i cant imagine him doing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Bud Norris signed too

MDS

braves signed ozuna and phillies signed 2 guys who didnt pitch in 2019

good day
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Don't forget they're fighting JT over a couple bucks

Don Ho

Frustrating although we shouldn't be surprised with the mental midgets running this team but still so discouraging they are signing other people's trash. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

basically they signed bryce to improve attendance in the moment and not with any sort of future plan to improve the team and it completely backfired as no one gave a farg about the team with bryce on it last year

PhillyPhreak54

Heyman says Francisco Liriano is close to signing

PhillyPhreak54

Neil Walker signed for a minor league deal

Don Ho

I'll take a 53 year old Larry Walker at this point
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

they didnt sign bryce for attendance...they genuinely thought they had something with vv/pivetta/eflin and that their pen was good. everyone in the bullpen got injured and all 3 pitchers stunk. segura and hoskins regressed. mccutchen got hurt.

in retrospect they were not going to compete with wash even if all of these things shake out right but that was the idea

ice grillin you

totally disagree...last offseason was about one thing....signing harper then selling as much harper gear and phillie tickets as possible

there was zero forward thinking...it was all in the moment

MDS

nah, everything they were doing post tear down was leading up to that offseason to have the salary space to get machado or harper. was supposed to be machado all along, but then they pivoted to harper when the public wanted him/thought machado was in a mexican gang

the crime of it all was they were horrendous for like 6 years, had tons of high picks and got next to nothing out of it

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on the drafts.

Hope the new pitching coach can make miracles this year