Board Help Please

Started by T_Section224, November 24, 2004, 09:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T_Section224

something is going on with my computer and I'm hoping you can help me fix it.  For some reason, every time I leave CF, when I come back I have to re-log on.  Every time I do it I do use the option to remain logged on, but it never works.  Is there a setting on my PC that I can change to avoid having to keep logging on?

Maybe this is your way of telling me to stay away  :paranoid
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

do you have the site bookmarked??
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

A few people have the same problem.  Im not sure what the answer is.  ???

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MURP on November 24, 2004, 12:00:33 PM
A few people have the same problem.  Im not sure what the answer is.  ???

it fixed for me when I bookmarked it at concretefield.COM and took away the concretefield.NET

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

T_Section224

Quote from: MURP on November 24, 2004, 12:00:33 PM
A few people have the same problem. Im not sure what the answer is. ???
oops  :-[

I have it saved as a favorite, got rid of the other link, we should be using the .com now, right?

PhillyGirl

T_Section224

yeah, just caught myself there.  eh, i guess i'll live with it, certainly doesn't keep me away from here.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: T_Section224 on November 24, 2004, 12:46:44 PM
yeah, just caught myself there.  eh, i guess i'll live with it, certainly doesn't keep me away from here.

Also, clear your cache.

RomeyRome

Hey T, it does the same thing on my computer.  Wierd thing is that although it tells me I need to log in when I first come to the board, I don't do it and just click on a section or thread and move on.  After that, up top it says I'm logged in. 

So although when I first come on to the board it tells me I need to log in up top, I don't do it and after I get going I am logged in.

See if it does the same thing for you.  Don't log in, just try to start posting or reading threads and see if you are logged in.  Don't ask me, I don't know why it does it but it works for me. ;D

MURP

Well the problem isnt really "solved" for everyone so for now you will just have to deal with it.  A slight annoyance, but it only takes a couple seconds to log back in. 

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on November 24, 2004, 08:22:16 PM
Well the problem isnt really "solved" for everyone so for now you will just have to deal with it.  A slight annoyance, but it only takes a couple seconds to log back in. 

Oh it's not even an annoyance, just a little confusing at first.  No problem.

MURP

its an annoyance to me, cause I have the same problems yall have.  ;)

General_Failure

There's four different addresses for the board, concretefield.net, concretefield.com, www.concretefield.net, and www.concretefield.com. Each one looks for a different cookie, but when you log in I think you're only logged in for www.concretefield.com.

The man. The myth. The legend.

T_Section224

Quote from: NB on November 24, 2004, 08:05:29 PM
See if it does the same thing for you. Don't log in, just try to start posting or reading threads and see if you are logged in. Don't ask me, I don't know why it does it but it works for me. ;D

It worked  :yay

Wingspan

this doesnt happen to me here...but the weird thing it happens to me on another board i post on ^-^
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.