Sixers
0 (0%)
Phillies
10 (62.5%)
Eagles
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

ice grillin you

not looking good for the immediate future....there isnt any of these teams who are up and coming...its either bleh or on their way down

so who wins first??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

forgot about this but its good to know that the phillies homerwagon is still crankin...even if people wont admmit being a part of it

PoopyfaceMcGee

I couldn't believe I was the first one to vote for the Flyers.

Geowhizzer

I picked the Phils, but between their offseason and the Flyers' young stars, I'm beginning to lean more their way.

PoopyfaceMcGee

A certain amount of luck and getting hot at the right time is in play, but here's my thinking:

Sixers: just not enough talent to compete, minimum of 5-7 years away
Eagles: can't win this year, definitely enough talent to compete in the short-term... but with Green Bay in the NFC, I think an entire roster and coaching turnover will happen before their next real shot
Phillies: as legit a chance to win in 2012 as anyone, hopefully, but it gets bleaker and bleaker after that
Flyers: have the talent to get hot and win this season (before the Phillies) but even if not are built to compete again and again for a few seasons

QB Eagles

I think the difference that people are perceiving is that the Flyers have had the talent to get hot and win since 1994, and have failed to do so.

Both the Phillies and Flyers have a decent shot in the short term, and probably enough clout as organizations to remain relatively competitive in the long term. But the Phillies are the only one with a track record of actually winning anything over the last quarter century.

Munson

My thinking is the Phillies are only a hot line up away from being the favorites. Yes their line up has sucked in October lately, but they've shown they CAN get hot, as they have during the middle of the season. If that hot streak comes a little later in the year, with that pitching, I think they win the WS. If not...they gotta hope the few hits they do get are in the right spots.

As for the Flyers...what FF and QB said
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

I also voted for the Phils and my logic is fairly simple. 

The Eagles and Sixers aren't going to win a championship this year.  The Flyers could I guess but I don't follow hockey enough to know just how good the Flyers are and how well they match up with the other top teams in the league...so I can't vote for them because I simply don't have an educated opinion about them.  So by simple process of elimination, the Phils get my vote because they have the pitching to get it done in October, they just need a SF/StL-like October at the plate that revolves around timely hitting.   

ice grillin you

just so everyone knows its not who has the best shot to win one this year...its who wins the NEXT one

didnt think i had to explain this but i was wrong

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

No the poll wasn't answered the way IGY thought it should be so naturally we must not have understood the poll.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

The Phillies won 100+ games last season.  The Eagles are horrendous, the Flyers are practically an entirely new team and the Sixers are, well, you know.

But it's "bandwagoning" to pick the Phils.