D'Andre Swift, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Geowhizzer, April 29, 2023, 01:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Wow!

Maybe him and Penny can combine to play a full season?

No word in the compensation yet

phattymatty

wonder if he was HS teammates with zacchaeus.

Eagaholic

Howie going all in again even after the exodus. If Steen can play they've got every hole covered.

SD

https://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/38142/how-philadelphia-shaped-detroit-lions-running-back-dandre-swift

"Really, I feel like it's just a mentality. How I run," Swift told ESPN. "God blessed me [with] a lot of ability and talent, first and foremost, but just being able to work at them type of things with knowing [defensive backs] like to go low. So, I'm gonna deliver the blow. That's my mentality every time I touch the ball."

That physical nature. That short-area quickness. That explosiveness. That's all a product, Swift says, of being from Philadelphia.

"That's where I get my mentality from. That's why I play the way that I play," the Lions' second-year pro said. "It's why I carry myself the way that I do. Philly has shaped me into this man that I am today and this football player that I'm becoming."

SD

Swift is younger than Luke Schoonmaker the tight end Dallas took in round 2

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2023, 01:18:48 PM
Maybe him and Penny can combine to play a full season?

Maybe we get five games a piece from Penny, Swift, Gainwell as lead back, then we ride Scott for the Giants.

SD

2023 combined salaries Swift/Penny/Gainwell/Scott/Sermon $6.9 million
2023 salary Mile Sanders $6.35 million

Don Ho

Jesus Christ!  Howie F'ing Roseman.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

There's no way Sermon makes the team, so you can lower that figure by eighty dollars.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

QB Eagles

The thing that gets me is that the Eagles were the team to ask for the '0' rule change, and that was months before they had Swift. So did someone else want the 0 and Swift stole it? Or is Howie 8 chess moves ahead?