Kelee Ringo, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 29, 2023, 12:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Traded a 2024 3rd round pick to get up to 105 to pick him

This is hilarious now

SD

Double doink delete my thread

Great value in the 4th. He was projected as a 1st rounder a few months ago. I think his calling is ultimately at safety. He's not agile enough to hang with nfl wrs every play

Diomedes

Was every goddamn player "projected as a 1st rounder?"

Imma bet this dude is a scrub just to spite you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

His stock was super high two years ago. Last year he got cooked a few times and I think that's why he slid. So in this instance it's mostly right - he was projected as a first

Diomedes

And he's also now been projected to be a Scrub.

We'll see.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on April 29, 2023, 12:34:10 PM
Was every goddamn player "projected as a 1st rounder?"

Imma bet this dude is a scrub just to spite you.

News to me but he's still only 20 years old

https://twitter.com/ZBerm/status/1652351280700964864 20

QB Eagles

I'm not so quick to write him off at CB. We'll see how he develops. At this point in the draft most guys will not have successful NFL careers at any position.

Diomedes

Statistically speaking, that's true of the first round isn't it?

Rome

Pretty sure Kirby Smart has naked pix of Howie and Marjorie Taylor Greene at this point. 

Don Ho

hmmmmm

Quote3 Reasons why Kelee Ringo remains undrafted heading into Day 3
Here's why Kelee Ringo remains undrafted heading into Day 3:

1. A lack of coverage instinct
The No. 1 concern with Ringo is a need for coverage instincts, which made him rely more on his elite athleticism and do work in recovery. That creates some boom-or-bust tendencies akin to Marcus Peters' work on Sundays. It's concerning, sure, but it's a trait that can be coached away over time.

If you factor in Ringo's ability to be an absolute hammer against the run, you've got a player who's an asset even with occasional misreads. It was an issue in college, and NFL teams are obviously skeptical about his ability to correct it professionally.

2. A victim of his own potential
Heading into the 2022 college football season, Kelee Ringo was tabbed as a first-team preseason All-American. Unfortunately, he did not play like one; in fact, he was pretty mid (like Gen Z's would say). His passer rating allowed rose from 63.2 to a still-pretty-good 68.4. He once again had two interceptions and roughly the same counting stats.

He was a second-team All-SEC performer, but fell below preseason expectations. This is no doubt weighing on the NFL franchises' mind, and it has contributed to his fall.

3. Doubts about whether he can lock up NFL receivers
As great as Ringo's straight-line speed is, he proved susceptible to quick separation while at Georgia. When a receiver breaks clear of Ringo's press or challenges him in off-coverage, he can create short-area distance. Only the slightest separation is needed in the NFL, and Ringo will give that up at this point in his career.

Better control would help Ringo as a run defender, as he tends to come in fast and lose. On a larger scale, Ringo didn't consistently have the impact many expected he would during the 2022 season. NFL teams instead chose to go for a more professional-ready cornerback than settle for Ringo and his potential.

sportskeeda?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Played in huge games against elite college players. 6'2 runs a 4.3 40 and is only 20. Worth taking a flyer on in the 4th. I still think his callings at safety but for right now he just has to be the 4th or 5th cb.

ice grillin you

Its not a flyer when you trade a relatively high pick to go get him...mailata was a flyer they really like ringo....howie went nuts in the room when they got him more so than seemingly even carter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Love the pick. Tons of upside, and he seems incredibly mature for a 20 year old. Impressive kid.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2023, 01:03:45 PM
Pretty sure Kirby Smart has naked pix of Howie and Marjorie Taylor Greene at this point. 
Other explanations are a lot more likely. Also more likely that Smart has pics of MTG and the actual Georgia bulldog.

Rome

Howie is a Gator, so that pretty much rules him out for ever banging a Georgia truck stop whore like MTG.