Darius Slay, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 19, 2020, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Chris T Jones was on his way before he blew out a knee. At least I think it was a knee.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I was getting Damon Moore and Chris Ware mixed up talking dogs.  It was Ware I thought was going to turn into a great player.  Moore was decent but I wasn't as high on him as I was on Ware.   As I recall, Ware had a devastating injury that killed his career, and as much as I'd like to blame a dog I think it had nothing to do with one.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the most relevant picks are the ones from the last two years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Don Ho

You wear #24 to honor Sheldon around here Mr. Slay.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

https://www.phillyvoice.com/darius-slays-contract-much-more-team-friendly-originally-reported/

Quote...Put simply, if you add up the $4,300,000 cap number in 2020, the $15,750,000 cap number in 2021, and the $6,500,000 in dead money in 2022, at worst, this is a two-year contract for $26,550,000...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

WTF

The Eagles have allowed Drew Rosenhaus to seek a trade for Slay per Diana Russini

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 10, 2023, 10:19:28 AM
WTF

The Eagles have allowed Drew Rosenhaus to seek a trade for Slay per Diana Russini

He's 32 and wants an extension...his cap number is enormous...Eagles probably asked him to take a pay cut.

QuoteDarius Slay, 32, has a $26.1M cap number for 2023. Said recently he wanted an extension, which conceivably lowers that figure. But the #Eagles likely want him to take a pay cut, one he's unwilling to agree to, hence the report that he has been given permission to seek a trade.

— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) March 10, 2023

If he's not traded he'll be a June 1st cut in which case the Birds save $17 million with $8 million in dead cap space.

ice grillin you

they got mad value out of him but its time to go...cant imagine anyone giving up anything worthwhile for him.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Think he was one of the few contracts that could be feasibly restructured this offseason. If he won't play ball it's time to sign Bradberry and move on. They need exactly one good 30+ year old CB but it doesn't have to be Slay.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I would be ok with letting him go and keeping JB.

Don Ho

QuoteOne of the Eagles' leaders in the secondary is on the trade block, but he has made it clear it's not of his own accord.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that the Eagles gave cornerback Darius Slay permission to seek a trade from other teams. On Saturday, the five-time Pro Bowler took to his Big Play Slay podcast to share that he didn't request a move but understands Philadelphia's point of view.

Rome

Early 30's CB's age like vinegar. 

Bye. 

PhillyPhreak54

And if the Rams only get a 3 for Ramsey then wtf would they get for Slay? A 5 and some hot wings?